Thread: making nag1 more firm and better

making nag1 more firm and better

hi there ,,

short story and general Q most of nag1 ppl asks >

how to make the gear shifts firmer and give nice kicks at wot ,, ???
    on auto or in manual sticks at high rpms and so on .

i hope some tuners here will give us a general view on where to go on the vcm and what to do there to make firm and nice sporty shifts without harming or making the gear cry or feel like heavy when wot ..

thanks ^^

any advice at least ? or a general way ?

Quote Originally Posted by GeForce1986 View Post
    any advice at least ? or a general way ?
    Right there with you, trying to get it too shift faster and respond better and would love some advice on not blowing the transmission into pieces!

Ive been playing with mine for some time ,
    Go to Auto shift properties then shift pressure
    I would inc the shift pressures in the area your wanting to improve , it takes surprisingly little to make a difference so go slowly IE , 0.1 to 0.2 increase
    I have left 1 to 3 alone as I liked the shift ,,, my jeep has a procharger running max approx 13 LBS ,, so I found changing 4 to 8 worthwhile ..
    Ive tried shortening the shift times but the result was a little abrupt for me
    Nige

I'm in need of some help please got stock trans settings before and after my blower install

before driving the car it shifted sweet in drive and in manual
    bolted a blower on changed ve tables as perth the edelbrock can tune now when the car shifts up gears 1sec before it shift the car drops 500rpm and makes the car buck and carry on any help on this would help heaps

Quote Originally Posted by benjohns View Post
    I'm in need of some help please got stock trans settings before and after my blower install

before driving the car it shifted sweet in drive and in manual
    bolted a blower on changed ve tables as perth the edelbrock can tune now when the car shifts up gears 1sec before it shift the car drops 500rpm and makes the car buck and carry on any help on this would help heaps
    I have an E-force with the canned tune that I have been working on. Got rid of the on and off boost feel during a slow throttle up. Not sure how to include file here for you to compare, you'll also need the beta version to view.

Did you contact Edelbrock for the latest calibration for your setup and what handheld did you using to install their tune?
    Last edited by coanan; 05-13-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

hi mate yer I have the diablo sport edelbrock tune file its shit they don't allow the pe to come in till you are at 80% throttle so the boost has been building car leans out the pe starts

iv attached the edelbrock calabration tune for my car its a very lean tune due to pe not starting till so late

ill also attached my dynode tune the only problrm I have with my dyno tune is the car shifting from 2nd to 3rd in D the car shutters
    its not possible to do a wot pull from 1st to 4th with out the gear box felling like it wants to fall out when it shifts 2nd to 3rd

also I am looking to reduce torque management to allow the rear to smoke in drive under wot of the line
    Attached Files Attached Files

shifting all sorted thanks to coanan

Potential Tuner
    I have a great tune shifts firm and fast ..but also changed filter and put spinter van fluid in it

Tuner in Training thebrickbandit's Avatar
    I know these cars cut spark between shifts but is it totally necessary? Can we disable Fuel shut off and disable spark cut between shifts without hurting this thing? anyone tried it? guinea pigs? haha Thanks!
    2010 Charger SRT8
    CAI
    CATBACK
    TUNED
    12.80s on street tires Full Weight