Thread: Can I save a tune so I can email it to a customer for an nGauge (eMotion?)

Can I save a tune so I can email it to a customer for an nGauge (eMotion?)

Have a customer I wrote a pump gas and E85 tune for, he wants to load them in his nGauge so he can switch back and forth. Can I save his tunes in a format that he can just load them into it? To add, it is a Lund nGauge
    Last edited by Sweet35th; 04-12-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    Have a customer I wrote a pump gas and E85 tune for, he wants to load them in his nGauge so he can switch back and forth. Can I save his tunes in a format that he can just load them into it? To add, it is a Lund nGauge
    Not with a Lund Ngauge

Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Not with a Lund Ngauge
    Ok, what is process with a standard nGauge? This guy will likely buy another one.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    Ok, what is process with a standard nGauge? This guy will likely buy another one.
    not necessarily, he should be able to grab an OS version from e-motion and overwrite the lund firmware and it should make it a regular one. all you gotta do is is once you have the tune written and saved just hit ( I think its under file) then export and hit e-motion, then its in a format the nguage can use,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    not necessarily, he should be able to grab an OS version from e-motion and overwrite the lund firmware and it should make it a regular one. all you gotta do is is once you have the tune written and saved just hit ( I think its under file) then export and hit e-motion, then its in a format the nguage can use,
    Are you sure about this (overwriting the Lund Firmware)? E-Motion denotes two separate firmware types (lund vs all other). I'm sure it would attempt to update and fail when checking the firmware type, but I could be wrong.
    Have you tried this?

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately I haven't tried it but that is what I've heard, you're just overwriting the current firmware, worst that could happen in my opinion is it fails and you delete the attempted os from the SD and revert to the original lund
    Last edited by txtailtorcher; 04-17-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Tuner
    Long time ago I switched my nGauge from eMotion to Lund and then back. I did what you describe above, I deleted the firmware files and replaced them with the one I wanted.

Advanced Tuner
    good to know

Advanced Tuner
    always heard lund was locked and couldn't do that, although at one point vmp was able to take a lund ngauge and make it work with hp tuners because I messaged them on it recently I found out they no longer do that.