Thread: Newb trying to do a 411 swap. 96 K1500

Potential Tuner

Newb trying to do a 411 swap. 96 K1500

Hi everyone,

I have a 96 K1500 5.7, 4l60e, 4x4. I got a 411 pcm, got the spreadsheet from lextech, did the swap, got a base tune for an express van from the repository.

Now, I'm nervous to start trying to change the tune in the vcm (I'm new to everything regarding tuning). I've read that 2 credits license the pcm but once I load the base tune, won't the vin change to what's in the base tune? If so, will I have to license that vin also?

Main question is how do I get the base tune into the new pcm?

Probably a question y'all get too often but I appreciate the help in advance.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by diggercp44 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a 96 K1500 5.7, 4l60e, 4x4. I got a 411 pcm, got the spreadsheet from lextech, did the swap, got a base tune for an express van from the repository.

Now, I'm nervous to start trying to change the tune in the vcm (I'm new to everything regarding tuning). I've read that 2 credits license the pcm but once I load the base tune, won't the vin change to what's in the base tune? If so, will I have to license that vin also?

Main question is how do I get the base tune into the new pcm?

Probably a question y'all get too often but I appreciate the help in advance.
    You will have to license the file that you read out of the 411 and the file you are going to write into it. 4 credits to do what you want to do