Thread: 99 Corvette, rebuilt 4l60e, still not shifting correctly

Tuner in Training

99 Corvette, rebuilt 4l60e, still not shifting correctly

Replaced valve body, solenoids, pressure sensor, valves move freely. New 2-4 band and Alto 3-4 clutches. First time doing any transmission work, registers 4th gear at 30 mph and 1500rpm motor working too hard.

Any insight appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerjjt; 04-15-2018 at 02:27 AM.

You will get more help if you post the current tune file with the log file.
    And this post most likely should have started in the transmission section.

Tuner in Training
    Got rid of Lockup and halved TM seems better.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Raise the 4th gear mph shift speed way up if you don't want it to enter 4th gear so soon. Under light throttle it will currently allow it to enter at 26-38mph depending on throttle percent.

If you don't want 4th gear until like 45-50mph, just raise the speed up to there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Will do, thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Just took out on Highway only got up to eighty before slowed down, rpms too high, computer said fourth but must have been 3rd.

Tuner in Training
    Assuming only 3rd and manual second, no first or 4th.

You have completely confused me. First, you say shifting into 4th too soon.. Now, your most recent post, you are saying no 1st or 4th.

I build transmissions for a living.. If you can give me something to work with I'm sure I can point you in the correct direction.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry about that, I thought and hp read 4th but it's definitely 3rd. It must be limp mode, manual second if I go to it and reverse. I would like to start by just running a few connections and see if solenoids are being grounded like the little black box.... but do not wanna fry pcm, as far as checking the 3-2 downshift solenoid, I have no idea with the pwm. I checked resistance and hear the click with all solenoids (I know it could still b bad) but want to start with solenoids, then wiring continuity and I guess pcm or tranny
    Internals last. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Jerjjt; 04-30-2018 at 04:45 AM.

Tuner in Training
    3-2 downshift solenoid forced limp mode.

Or, if it has all the lower gears, but no 4th gear, and you recently had it apart for rebuild/repair-check the 4th piston FIRST!

Piston needs to in the 2/4 servo cover like this; https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...iKp3AQChTB_zM:

If you have that piston flipped over with the nipple side pointing out of the cover, it will have no 4th. Good luck!

Tuner in Training
    It was the 3-2 downshift all along...wouldn't of even had to tear apart, lol but I had no knowledge of the trans learned a lot and I guess it's got a new valve body, 9 friction
    instead of stock 5 (maybe not as good, lol) new 2-4 band....I appreciate your help,Thank you.

Potential Tuner
    Him Can you please help me? Transmission was hitting hard when shifting fro 1st to second, I got it tuned but it would not go away. I then after reading a lot of forums I purchased a corvette servo. i have literally taken it in and out about 4 times and watched several videos and am having the same sympton, it feels like it is shifting really fast and jumps over to 3rd and or 4th not really sure and the rpms go super high and the vehicle doesnt really want to go anywhere. I will attach both the tune file and also the scan file, once I receive a reply so they don't get deleted. Thanks for any suggestions in advance