Thread: fg gt 315 tune needed

Tuner in Training

fg gt 315 tune needed

hi I'm a bit disappointed in how little amount of ford tunes in the repository either that or I cant find any I have a fg gt 315 here that has herrod cams and system and intake and their tune with sct that is junk I'm after a stock file or any to try on this thing please as herrod have not helped the owner and recommend taking the cams out ive put it back to the stock file in the sct but some parrameters look way out of wack

Tuner
    315 BOSS FPV BEFORE CAMS.hpt

Here is a 315 Auto file,
    I have been down that road and will never ever ever ever do it again, I installed "Drop In" Cams and took about 3 days to tune it to be somewhat acceptable.

Most of that was Startup Idle and transition. I struggled with it even with assistance was unable to refine, At the time I even borrowed SCT and bought a flash tuner for it as belief in Hpt was lacking and incapable of fixing issue but to no avail.
    I ended up returning to stock and using Hpt and got it to drive ok after a few more hours.

I think it was mentioned whilst having issues the 315 with the Dual throttle body make the job 10 times harder and they have had problems before, unfortunately differing from the point of sale discussion. If wasnt $2500 in parts and 30hrs labour down i would have removed the cams and wrote it off and never to do again.
    It was a lot of time and money for 10-15kw and a lumpy idle.
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 05-24-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I’ll have a look at it I think I spent nearly a week on it .i hot it to idle as smooth as the owner hated how smooth it was if I make it lumpy it has an eratic idle one minute lumpy the next only made 300kw no wonder herrod wanted to take the cams out and put it back to stock oh and if I have it idling low comes up with etc fault done my head in a bit

Tuner in Training

345kw tune

Oh I forgot to mention it was meant to have 345 kw on another dyno and on mine it only had 263kw