Thread: Hellcat Bypass Valve opening under WOT

Tuner in Training

Hellcat Bypass Valve opening under WOT

Hey guys, in search of some info on controlling the bypass valve on a Hellcat Charger 2016. I see that there are tabs for bypass valve control but the issue im having is at about 5000 RPM boost drops from 18psi to 14psi and its not a gradual drop its an instant drop. In all the Hellcats I have tuned ive never had to adjust anything with the bypass valve as far as the tune goes so im unclear as to what changes i can make that would work or not work. So if anyone else has had this issue what are some changes that i could make to see if i can keep it closed under WOT. Thanks ill post a log of scanner with this but just look at around 5000 Rpm and you can see the kpa dropping off and take note i did have a boost gauge hooked up as well with my tech watching it, which is why i said its an instant drop in psi not like the scanner is showing a gradual drop. Any advice would be nice
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, that is not the right tune lol clicked on the wrong one this is the latest tune i have for it.

Senior Tuner
    I don't see injector pulsewidth or duty cycle in your log, you might be hitting PW limit.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I don't see injector pulsewidth or duty cycle in your log, you might be hitting PW limit.
    i just seen that tabel that you are talking about should i raise that because the car just did it to me again and i noticed in the pulswidth limit tabel at that rpm the max is set at 22 ms and i hit 21.4 and then it shut me completely out, so raise that limit? only reason asking ive never had to adjust that table before

Tuner
    The pulsewidth limit table is there for a reason. and I would NOT increase the numbers there at all. that is a representation of the physical limitations of the fuel injectors, and there is nothing that table will do to fix the problem.

If you are getting close to it, you are most likely out of injector and need to upgrade the hard parts.
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrad View Post
    The pulsewidth limit table is there for a reason. and I would NOT increase the numbers there at all. that is a representation of the physical limitations of the fuel injectors, and there is nothing that table will do to fix the problem.

If you are getting close to it, you are most likely out of injector and need to upgrade the hard parts.
    LOL funny and glad you mentioned that before the first time it was cutting out i was hitting a supercharger airflow limit and got that sorted out and then once i started making power and going in the right direction and hit this limit just found out were only running 1000cc injectors and every other hellcat we run this setup in we use the 1380cc inj so i didnt even think to check that but just confirmed i am running out of injector so thank you again for you input. Problem has been solved.!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrad View Post

and yea about that table i didnt think i was supposed to touch it at all which i didnt just so you know but thanks again for the heads up on that.