Thread: 14' GT500: Super Cobra Jet Throttle Body + Big JLT intake = P2112

14' GT500: Super Cobra Jet Throttle Body + Big JLT intake = P2112

Hey guys, I'm having a heck of a time getting this throttle body + intake to not rev hang. Eventually the car will drop down from 2000rpm to normal idle. I'm guessing it has to do with low airflow across the maf + the throttle body. Any ideas to help?

ALSO...big one! I keep getting P2112 and the car goes into limp mode (Throttle plate stuck closed). What can be done to fix that issue? Car will randomly throw this code. Car pulls great, back to back to back. But the second you take the car on the road and cruise more than 5mi it goes into P2112 limp mode.

Any help would be appreciated! I attached my tune file BELOW. Thank you!

14 GT500_JLT intake_CobraJet TB_Headers.hpt
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    cant view the file, which throttle is installed twin 65 or oval
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    cant view the file, which throttle is installed twin 65 or oval
    Thanks for the reply man. It's oval
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

you have to update the predictive throttle angle and effective area. search the forum for that data and used it as start point then correct the TB error. it was xls sheet I think

Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    you have to update the predictive throttle angle and effective area. search the forum for that data and used it as start point then correct the TB error. it was xls sheet I think
    Thanks dude. I looked for it and updated those tables, still throws the code.

Maybe I missed that spreadsheet

Advanced Tuner
    might just be a bad throttle body, I have installed and tune a few, currently sitting at a 50/50...Usually what I do is take their TB that is acting up, toss it on a car that runs perfect on the monoblade and see if the symptoms follow the part or the car. Spoiler alert, it always follows the TB...expect Acufab to blame the tuner or tell you it's not meant to be used on a Coyote(even though you told them it's on a GT500).

I still have yet to be paid for the 4 hours of additional labor I had to spend troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repairing their throttle body(that they insisted would not idle right bc of the tune). The issue with this one was the bearing was falling out. I had another one they took back where they said there was a rock behind the bearing(even though TB was bought brand new from AM and it acted up within the first 50 feet of moving the car). Once they mentioned the rock I stopped recommending these to people, if their QC is so lacking that a rock got caught in a sealed area during assembly then I cannot in good trust even a new throttle body to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jn2; 04-17-2018 at 05:35 PM.

I saw your post Jn2! That's nuts. I had him pull it and ask for an exchange, let's see what happens. Put the stock one back on and of course that was fine. I just don't want to spend hours 'tuning' a car that has a mechanical issue. The owner/installer typically always blames the tune, this owner is understanding though. Installer not so much. I'll see how the new one works out

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    agree with Jn2, its hit and miss, i opt the FRPP twin65 anyday
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    agree with Jn2, its hit and miss, i opt the FRPP twin65 anyday
    Thanks, I'll let him know. I think the STOCK GT500 TB is perfectly sufficient for his mods too

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    Thanks, I'll let him know. I think the STOCK GT500 TB is perfectly sufficient for his mods too
    Those 2.3 TVS's benefit a lot from larger TB. A VMP twin 67mm or PBD twin 68mm is what I recommend people get now. Easy to tune and they always work, have yet to have one fail

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Those 2.3 TVS's benefit a lot from larger TB. A VMP twin 67mm or PBD twin 68mm is what I recommend people get now. Easy to tune and they always work, have yet to have one fail
    Good to know, thanks!!

I like the twin 67mm. Works as one would expect. Idles well and drives like a stocker.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP