Thread: LC-1 wiring and voltage readings

Potential Tuner

LC-1 wiring and voltage readings

Alright, so I spent ALL day installing this wideband sensor. I followed the wiring diagram for the most part. The only thing I did differently is I grounded all grounds to the same place on the chasis. If I shouldn't have done this let me know and I'll change it. So anyways, I got the thing calibrated and the LED light lights up and everything is fine, but in the HP Tuners scanner I see that the B1S1 voltage is anywhere from 40-110 mV while the B2S2 voltage is 400-900 mV..... Should these be the same?? The factory narrowband is B2 and the LC-1 wideband is B1. Any ideas or comments?

I would change the grounding, keep WB output(shield) seperate from chassis ground, connect to pin A on NB connector and EIO ground.If not you may get erratic readings because of voltage drop in chassis ground.
    This could be why you are seeing odd readings between banks, if not you may have to adjust output slopes for NB sim output.
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbott
    I would change the grounding, keep WB output(shield) seperate from chassis ground, connect to pin A on NB connector and EIO ground.If not you may get erratic readings because of voltage drop in chassis ground.
    This could be why you are seeing odd readings between banks, if not you may have to adjust output slopes for NB sim output.

Alright, I'll change the ground issue tomorrow, but how do I adjust output slopes for NB sim? I take it's in the LM Programmer, but what should I change?? I have the NB set up as 1/6th and the WB as 1/12, but I don't know what voltage ranges I should use.

If you have not already, the first thing I would do is set both voltage settings for both outputs to 0 volts (Flatline)and compare that to what your seeing in HPT scanner.In other words set WB to output 0 volts at all AFR's then check scanner for similar voltage.you may want to check at several different voltages to be sure.For example, WB output, check at 0, 2.5 and 5 volts.NB output 0, .5, and 1 volt.if your WB voltage is off you can adjust for that by changing the WB formula in scanner.If NB is off you can shift the voltage in LM programmer up or down.I know i changed my output for the NB sim but I dont recall the numbers offhand, i think i made the slope steeper like .100 at 14.6 and .880 at 14.8 or somthing like that to get it to switch like the NBO2.
    KA
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047

Potential Tuner
    Another thing, the factory 02 sensor had 4 wires.... 2 brown which ended up being the heater and heater ground and then a cream colored wire and purple.... I hooked the purple wire up as the senor and the cream colored wire up as the sensor ground. Is this correct?? Car is a 2001

Potential Tuner

02 sensors

so I took the LC-1 WB out and put back in the factory sensor... but at idle the 02 sensors flat line and the car dies SOMETIMES. When the car is accelerating and on cruise control they work fine... Does anyone know why they are doing this?

Advanced Tuner

Finally an answer!

ive been looking for the settings to make the LC-1 work as a narrowband work with our cars and this is the first time anyone has told me the numbers for the NB settings?go figure Thank you i had no idea what to set my outpt settings at on my LC-1..100V at 14.6 and .880V at 14.8
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

what were the settings?? for the NB i need to do one tonight

Advanced Tuner
    well those dont work so i clicked on factory default for analog 1,lean voltage is a little to mv to much.
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA