Thread: LQ4 swap peaking at 5300 rpms on dyno and should peak around 6000 rpms based on cam

Potential Tuner

LQ4 swap peaking at 5300 rpms on dyno and should peak around 6000 rpms based on cam

I have been fighting with this LQ4 setup for a while now off and on and I cant figure out what i am doing wrong with the programming. The LQ4 has GMPP CNC ported LS3 heads part number 88958758 using a stock LS3 intake, fuel rails and injectors with a 92mm cable operated throttle body which does open 100% by gas pedal and a howards 190295-12 camshaft which is 218/224 duration @ .050 with .604/.604 lift and 112 LSA. Long tube headers and dual 3.0" exhaust to dynomax ultra X muffler. engine runs and drives great and has about 25k miles on it now. but I just know it has more in it. I have video of the dyno pull and dyno graphs on I have done other builds and typically this type configuration will pull 10-15% more hp than torque but since that power is flat lining at 5300 rpms the hp and torque are nearly identical. since the compression ratio is still low being a LQ4 with those heads, I dont expect it to pull as much power as a true LS3 with that camshaft but it should still make at least 10% higher horsepower numbers and peak at 6000 rpms. I just dont know if there is some torque management or abuse mode setting that I have overlooked in the programming or something. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    What are you running for valve springs? The last engine I had fall off hundreds of RPMs before it should have, had weak springs. Also check you WOT manifold pressure vs barometric pressure. If you have a substantial high rpm fall off of map, your induction system is not flowing enough air.

The tune is too fat if you ask me. 11.48 AFR is way fat on the NA motor and then at 3,600-4,800 it goes even richer, stupid rich. 10.72 commanded is super duper fat. No data with a wideband to confirm that though. Hopefully you aren't masking a un-tuned airflow model by whacking it with a bunch of fuel to get a desired air fuel ratio.

Less fuel and slightly more aggressive timing seems like it would add power. Also dial the VE and MAF in with a wideband, the VE seems untouched.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 04-18-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.