Thread: Nnbs vararam difference between 07 and 09

Nnbs vararam difference between 07 and 09

What's the difference? I wanted to order one but the 07 are sold out everywhere. What would it take for me to get the 09 version to work for my 07?

I believe 2009 switched to the card style MAF sensor. So the 2007-2008 MAF is different and the tube might be shorter because of that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Oh ok got you. Thanks for the information. Guess I'll have to wait till Vararam stocks more. Other sellers want 350+ for something vararam sells for 260

Would be worth contacting them directly to see if that is the difference. I just know the early trucks had those large MAF sensor housings that are like 3in long connected to the airbox.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Would it be worth converting to card style maf? I have the old style.

Depends on what you are after I guess. Big big power would require a different style MAF because it can't handle much past simple bolt on mods. Or if the intake was like a custom thing that requires a different MAF.

It's still my daily driver for now. So I won't go past bolt ons at this moment. I was thinking about maybe installing Frankenstein heads and staying with the stock camshaft. Maybe the extra 30-50hp would be worth it on the Yukon Denali. Anything to help easily move this big vehicle without sacrificing much mpg