Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possible solution to no transtuning 04 545rfe??

Tuner in Training
    Do you have a finished result you are happy with HemiX2?

Quote Originally Posted by adronseika View Post
    Do you have a finished result you are happy with HemiX2?
    Right now I have the Jeep in storage, as we've been doing a fair amount of travelling and I have the two LX's at home. One more trip to the Oregon Coast later this month and I'll move one LX to storage and bring the WK back and start working on it again. I'll keep it home for the winter so I'll have lots of time. It's really a pain to have a two car garage and three vehicles. Fortunately, I keep the "odd one out" at one of our rentals so it doesn't cost anything.

The plan when I bring the Jeep back home is to install the third PCM/TCM, make copies of all the stock files and then try to load the original NGC3 files (the ones I really like but can't access 2P) and see if I can read them. If so, I'll be one happy dude and hopefully be able to add 2P to the normal shift schedule like I've done with the NGC4 PCM/TCM. From there I plan to do some "more linear" up and down shift schedules to try and simplify them and make them a little smoother......slightly more throttle equals better and more predictable up shifts and down shifts. If you graph the stock (or even my modded ones), you'll see that they're all over the place.

I'll keep you posted when I get back at it.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.

Tuner in Training
    My good friend has just ventured down this same path and has now installed his NGC4 into his early 07 (NGC3) Grand Cherokee. Had many if not all the of same error codes mentioned previously! The unit is a refurbished system with the VIN preprogrammed in the States but we are using it in an export model here in Australia. Interestingly, we connected up our superchips which now gave us the option of a 93 tune. We gave the 'new' 93 tune a look on HPT and it didn't look right so investigated the 91 SC tune in the same manner which was completely different to the original 91 SC we had loaded on both of our 5.7 GCs. We have no idea what the Superchips is recognising the car as... But it's not putting on 5.7 tunes.
    It has though given us access to the transmission tuning. It's been asked for previously but are any of you guys willing to share a transmission tune?

Tuner in Training
    And how do you address the error codes other than just switching them off on hpt?

I've finally brought the Jeep back home from storage because it needed it's "smog nazi" check. I was initially having problems with codes again so I finally turned the MDS and went back to the 5 speed shift pattern, then cleared all the codes. Of course the MDS never was a problem, but after shutting the 6 speed shift pattern off, all of my codes went away.....PCM/TCM/FDCM loss of communication, and transmission 4C fill code. After I passed the test I checked for codes again and all was good. Then I turned the 6 speed shift pattern back on and checked codes again. The loss of communications codes are all back. I haven't driven it yet (hopefully will do it today), so I don't know if the transmission code is back.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.

Just the P2704, Inadequate clutch element volume 4C came back. Everything still works great though, so I'll leave the six speed shift pattern loaded and see how it goes.

Tuner in Training
    The commentary I've seen says second prime uses the overdrive clutches and won't have the same strength as the routine gears. Don't know if we are playing with fire! Ran the superchips 91 tune on the NGC3 as well as the NGC4 and reviewed them on HPT... Definitely not exactly the same from what I can see.

I just posted this in a different thread it's how I've been getting the TCm to read on the 04/05 545 trans................I was wondering how's this holding up......no ill side effects ?

It's tricky , What I've found that works 70 % of the time , is start the vehicle , (with foot on BRAKE @ idle) put it in drive, then in reverse, shut the vehicle off then read, right as it stops reading the PCM , when it tells you that it's waiting 15sec. turn the key off then on, by that time the read function will tell you to cycle the key, do it........you'll know write(see what I did there) away if it's going to work.

I worked for an hour getting this one to read the TCM(see attached...BONE stock 04 1500 Ram GTX I just bought yesterday) , finally on the 6th try it worked.

I've also found that if the vehicle had been previously tuned with a Diablo CMR tune , you have a better chance of it being read, I've read 7 so far that have had a HemiFever Custom tune and all of them the TCM "read" on the 1st try...........and a Superchips tune is a 50/50 1st time read.

7250BASE(GTX).hpt
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    So you have been able download and read the TCM file on a NGC3? Have you been able to adjust parameters from there too?
    Link to the discussion?