Thread: Idle Timing Erratic

Idle Timing Erratic

2015 Corvette has erratic idle timing after camshaft install. I'm trying to get it to smooth out so I can adjust the torque tables. My main complaint is that it shifts violently from Park to Drive. I'm sure this is because of the kPa change in the idle. Any advice?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Timing bouncing around is normal, your idle is way too low and your low octane map looks fubared, make the low & high octane maps the same until you are done and then subtract a few degrees from the low octane map for bad gas.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by c0ke View Post
    Timing bouncing around is normal, your idle is way too low and your low octane map looks fubared, make the low & high octane maps the same until you are done and then subtract a few degrees from the low octane map for bad gas.

good luck
    Low octane table is the factory table. My main concern is the violent shifting into gear.

The idle is too low and that makes it not idle as smooth as it should with the added possibility of stalling, raising the idle will even it out and reduce the violent gear shift it'll also prevent the random stalls. Also it's impossible to totally stop it without a stall converter. Cons of a camm'd car but it will reduce the violence

You have to get the VVE and MAF fueling correct for a proper idle on a Gen 5.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.