Thread: Hellcat Return Fuel System Setup

Advanced Tuner

Hellcat Return Fuel System Setup

I have a 16 Hellcat Challenger to tune that has a Fore Dual pump hat in it, along with rails and a boost referenced regulator, and their staged control box for the pumps. What are people doing on these setups to keep the fuel pump module from freaking out? I looked through the install, and the trigger wire for the pumps is tied into the power feed for the fuel pump module with the module still plugged in. The factory fuel pressure sensor has also been removed, since it normally lives in the fuel rail line.

Is it as simple as zeroing out the desired fuel pressure tables, or is there something else that needs to be done?

Tuner
    leave the fuel pressure sensor in the line, its very nice to have to keep your injector scale sane. The ECU will be fine with normal fueling based off that.

the fuel pump module output is modulated, so it would be a pretty horrible wire for a relay setup for the new pumps... Do you have knowledge of the new fuel pump controller?

I haven't worked directly with the kit, but I think the worst that would happen if you just leave the factory module there and let it run is a code when its output isn't working to control the rail pressure. You may be able to just remove the factory controller and quiet the code and all will work fine.
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrad View Post
    leave the fuel pressure sensor in the line, its very nice to have to keep your injector scale sane. The ECU will be fine with normal fueling based off that.

the fuel pump module output is modulated, so it would be a pretty horrible wire for a relay setup for the new pumps... Do you have knowledge of the new fuel pump controller?

I haven't worked directly with the kit, but I think the worst that would happen if you just leave the factory module there and let it run is a code when its output isn't working to control the rail pressure. You may be able to just remove the factory controller and quiet the code and all will work fine.
    Or you can just set up the system boost reference that way your pressure delta is always the same, and set all of your pressure based multipliers to 1. There really is no need for the pressure sensor on a return system. Other than it can be nice to see the data from the sensor if there is a problem.

To the op, you have to use the power in wire for the fpdm and shut off a few codes to avoid a cel. p1206 p018d and a couple others. Just shut off the mil switch and not the ses switch or it will not run.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Or you can just set up the system boost reference that way your pressure delta is always the same, and set all of your pressure based multipliers to 1. There really is no need for the pressure sensor on a return system. Other than it can be nice to see the data from the sensor if there is a problem.

To the op, you have to use the power in wire for the fpdm and shut off a few codes to avoid a cel. p1206 p018d and a couple others. Just shut off the mil switch and not the ses switch or it will not run.
    Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't do the fuel system install, but it was done in accordance to what Fore puts in their instructions. It is wired in to the power in wire on the FPDM.

Advanced Tuner
    make sure it is boost reference and base pressure is set correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post

Quoted for truth.

Tuner
    the pressure referenced system is just never as quick to make the adjustments as a sensor will detect. its such a useful device. in steady state modes, you'll be fine, but in transient conditions (like WOT), the ECU can make the corrections and get your fueling locked in. its a great feature to have and use at all times. Why stop using something so useful? you don't even have to do anything new in the tune

it will work without it, like the old days. If you can disable that and go back to the estimated injector differences that it calculates, then this will give you accurate fuel/air/torque numbers and all is great.
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity