Thread: Launch Spark

Launch Spark

I looking for some help on understanding some tuning. I have a 2013 Challenger RT 5.7 hemi, And I noticed that there is an option for launch spark under the ECM tuning. Can someone explain what this does? Is it obvious like launch control of a sort, of just a table to help control normal take offs? Thanks for any input! I can supply a tune if needed aswell!

Advanced Tuner
    It's supposed to be some sort of base spark timing table, during takeoff launches, i'm using that table to get rid of the insane amount of KR i had during semi to agrresive launches on my M6 Challenger Scat, stock values call for 10 through 14* of extra spark in my calibration on that table, and i have it set to -5* currently, no more big KR on takeoffs (it was bad for i could hear a quick rattle when the days were hot, i'm running 91 octane), and i can make the tires spin from a very low rpm take off now, kind of when the engine is bogging down because you're taking the clutch out with little rpm, so you have to give it more gas to beat the bog, if it makes sense.., don't know why, but negative timing values at low rpm/high airmass works best for me during takeoffs.