Thread: G-force recording issue

Potential Tuner

G-force recording issue

Autocross in a base Ford Focus, 2016. Samsung J3 phone (J327A), Android 7.0.

G-force records for the first few seconds, then freezes. Not doing OBD-II. Just rapid changes of speed and direction.This worked last year, with older software. I really like the G-force recording for analyzing my runs.

If you tap on the "Share" button and send the Raw CSV file to Info@RaceRender.com, I'll take a look and see if there are any clues. Assuming that the g-force data is cutting out, the main suspects are typically if another process on the phone is taking up resources (causing TrackAddict to lag) or if you were running the app in the background or with the screen off. I wouldn't expect that any of our recent changes would have impacted g-force recording directly, as that underlying process has been almost entirely the same for quite some time now, so there must be some less direct cause here that's not affecting most users.

It's interesting that you have a Samsung J3... That particular model has recently come up in our crash logs from Google, showing some odd behavior that we don't normally see, and in particular it's apparently related to running out of memory. Haven't gotten to the bottom of that yet, but I'm keeping an eye out for more data...

Potential Tuner
    I had nothing else running, and the phone stayed awake during each recording lap. Thank you for looking into this. I've enjoyed your app for several years.

Potential Tuner
    This coming Sunday, I'm going to use my old Doogee X5 phone to record another eight runs. I'll see how that does with the latest app. It recorded fine last year.

Potential Tuner
    The results are in, my Doogee X5 recorded G-force all the way through. I just need a microSD to give it enough storage space. I would not recommend a J3 for this app.