Thread: 2015 Edge Sport VCT/VVT Just Stops...

Potential Tuner

2015 Edge Sport VCT/VVT Just Stops...

Hey guys,

I have a been having an intermittent issue with my vehicle and a friend let me borrow the HP Tuner to log.

Long story short my VVT/VCT just plains stops out of nowhere with no reason. I have check hoses, put stock parts back on, brand new MAF and it still just doesn't work.

I logged my vehicle, you can see BLUE in the excel is where things are nice and dandy then YELLOW is where it just quits.... any ideas? (Files Attached)

Anyone know what the mapped point weights are? 1.. etc..

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Does this vehicle have a tune on it? It looks like there is a tune on it that isn't done right and is requesting massive amounts of torque without raising the corresponding limiters. Once the ECU hits a limiter it drops torque, as torque drops its not longer hitting a limiter and rises again until it does (except its happening rather rapidly).

The mapped points are the ECU's system for controlling the VVT. Essentially they are defined points on the vvt 'graph' and it weights off them depending how close your current vvt is to that mapped point. Typically at WOT you will see it traverse from one to the next, having 2-3 active at once, but moving through a total of something like 4-5 mapped points. Yours *is* doing weird things with your cam timing, but you're also hitting an insufficient fuel flow limit, an exhaust temperature protection limit, a spark cylinder pressure limit, etc...... enough different limits that its hard to point to any one thing as being an issue. If you don't have a tune on this vehicle does it have any symptoms while at part throttle or steady state (something other than WOT)?