Thread: Dont buy a car from this guy!

Dont buy a car from this guy!

So i was driving back from a family reunion today and stopped in a restaurant in Montgomery. Shortly after i sat down, a guy and his wife sat down in the booth behind me. They had some coffee waiting for another guy to show up, becuase the guy was going to sell him a 1999-ish mustang. I was listening to them talking and then i couldnt believe my ears what i heard him telling his wife! He was telling her that he didnt think it would start because it was hot already. His wife asked him why it wouldnt start when the car was hot, and what did he say? "All cars have to sit a while after they've been running inorder to start them again" and she asked "oh...well...is it the battery?" and he goes "No, its just the nature of a piston engine"

I was about to turn around and be like "Yeah, i dont think so buddy, you gotta hot start issue you need to take care of" but no, i didnt want any fights with the country folks.

So, to all of you, make sure your seller is knowledgable. Its not a 6HP lawnboy, its a car.

Just thought you guys would get a laugh outa that...

Tuner
    That's like this guy I bumped into in West Virginia. We started talking about motorcycles. I bought some used motorcycle parts from him. I did not have a car back then. Just a motorcycle. So gas being cheap ( there was a time) he said he would bring the parts to me in his Chevy Nova station wagon. We went over to the sta wagon. After talking a while he told me that either he threw a rod or something happened to one of the cylinders. So he takes the rod out and piston. He then shapes a round block of wood and hammers it into the cylinder, puts the crank back in.
    It was an inline six. Sure enough it had a lope to the idle sound.

I could of had a V8