Thread: maintains speed without throttle

maintains speed without throttle

So if I am cruising along at say 35 mph and I let off the throttle it will continue to maintain its speed (and rpm, between 1200 and 1400) and sometimes even slowly accelerated and shift up a gear. Any ideas on how to combat this?

It is an 06 srt8 charger with a 426ci, thitek stage 2 heads, comp cam, id1300, arington 90mm tb and twin 7868 turbos.

You can see it briefly do it around 7:10:22. before I had to hit the brake.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    are you holding good vacuum when idling or upon light decel?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Senior Tuner
    Add more airflow to your sonic Airflow table, below 0.40. ECU thinks the throttle body is smaller than it is, so it is keeping it cracked open too far to achieve your min airflow and coasting idle. Try adding 30% and see how it behaves.

Senior Tuner
    And twin 7868? Dayum, hows the spool up on those?

Actually not to bad, they r small frame 78's, turbnetics benita.
    Im going to a track rental today at atco. ill post up a log later to show how they spool.

Sonic airflow is whats labeled throttle body airflow table right?

Senior Tuner
    Yessir, its called sonic airflow in beta.

Good luck, the car runs, idles, and starts otherwise ok? Just comparing versus my 1300ID twin turbo 392 setup.

Senior Tuner
    You can also play with your torque/airflow offset table, that is where the ECU translates your torque request into an estimated airflow, and then it goes to the sonic airflow tables to determine the right voltage for the throttle body. Tweaking the throttle body table is basically layer 1, you could go deeper to layer 2 if you are confident in your throttle body data (which most people aren't, its just extrapolated based on new size versus stock).

driving around is fine, but it has some lowe speed low rpm driving issues. It surges a little when letting off the brake, and the issue with the car not slowing down when off the throttle. I tried cutting 30% like you said and the low speed surging was worse. I would love to get it driving around town better, I just don't have the know how with dbw setups.
    Ill post a log of the drive home and a run log for you to see spool up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jabbott1 View Post
    driving around is fine, but it has some lowe speed low rpm driving issues. It surges a little when letting off the brake, and the issue with the car not slowing down when off the throttle. I tried cutting 30% like you said and the low speed surging was worse. I would love to get it driving around town better, I just don't have the know how with dbw setups.
    Ill post a log of the drive home and a run log for you to see spool up.
    Did you add or cut 30%? The recommendation was to add 30%.

By doing so, the PCM will see that the TB is flowing 30% more air than it did stock and will close the TB up some to compensate for it. You're defining airflow in this table, not commanding airflow.

Sorry i was tired when I wrote that. I added 30%