Thread: Getting Error when trying to record

Angry Getting Error when trying to record

so recently I decided to try out the standalone datalogging while out tuning my 02 Camaro z28. I was able to load the config (took about a minute for it to load though?) from the vcm scanner into the hp tuner box and after I fired up the car and disconnected the connector that's between the box and my laptop and pressed/held the record button, the "ERR" indicator lit up as well as the "BUSY" light. when I pressed the "STOP" button, it did nothing. i unplugged the OBD2 connector and reconnected to retry but to no avail. I'm running version 3.2.125 fwiw. am i missing something or am i to email bill and open a ticket from there?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Update to 3.6, no reason for you to be running software from 2015
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

ok, i'll update to version 3.6 and retry again.

updated to version 3.6 and still got the ERR after holding the record button for a few seconds and the Busy light also was on.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support with your .hpt file, vcm suite infolog and your channels config
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I somehow got it to work while on lunch break. what I did was hold the STOP button until the BUSY LED let up then I held the RECORD button and the LED lit up and was able to record. odd that I have to hit the STOP button first then hit the RECORD button.