Thread: Help altering whipple tune for Circle D 258MM 2C stall

Help altering whipple tune for Circle D 258MM 2C stall

I helped a buddy swap his manual 2015 GT to a built 6R80 with a circle D 258mm 2c stall. We were able to load the whipple auto tune and alter it using HP tuners to turn off rear o2 sensors. I am trying to determine what needs to be changed in the transmission tuning to account for the stall. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the whipple auto tune we are running.

Thanks,
    Kennatewhipplestockv3.hpt
    Last edited by Kcc0521; 04-25-2018 at 09:00 AM. Reason: add tune file

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcc0521 View Post
    I helped a buddy swap his manual 2015 GT to a built 6R80 with a circle D 258mm 2c stall. We were able to load the whipple auto tune and alter it using HP tuners to turn off rear o2 sensors. I am trying to determine what needs to be changed in the transmission tuning to account for the stall. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the whipple auto tune we are running.

Thanks,
    Kennatewhipplestockv3.hpt
    Ever get this figured out?

"The Secret Art" of tuning a high stall in 6R80...no help, no tunes, no clue...spent weeks on figuring this out.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    "The Secret Art" of tuning a high stall in 6R80...no help, no tunes, no clue...spent weeks on figuring this out.
    It's dumb. The 6r80 isn't even the newest automatic any longer but I do feel eventually more information will surface now that the 10r80 is out and likely the better choice in the 2018+ Mustangs.
    I posted a thread asking how to tune shift anticipation.. There was one reply and it was to leave it off which was my workaround... I'd rather leave it on and find out why it's shortshifting 1>2 a lot and 2>3 a little... I can't just tune it higher mph and rpm because if I kick it down from a roll it shifts where it's supposed to...

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    It's dumb. The 6r80 isn't even the newest automatic any longer but I do feel eventually more information will surface now that the 10r80 is out and likely the better choice in the 2018+ Mustangs.
    I posted a thread asking how to tune shift anticipation.. There was one reply and it was to leave it off which was my workaround... I'd rather leave it on and find out why it's shortshifting 1>2 a lot and 2>3 a little... I can't just tune it higher mph and rpm because if I kick it down from a roll it shifts where it's supposed to...
    Most of what I did with my 4c was move the converter lock up speed around and the tq rate at which it locks up. Increased oncoming pressures, maxxed out the general torque limits and raised the inferred rpm limit and lower clip to not trigger a wrench. I like to turn off anticipated shifting and torque based shifts. I've tinkered with tons of other stuff with ramp rates and shift speeds, but for the most part the car drove pretty well with just those things. Lock up feel is where most the time was spent along with shift speeds. That's all preference, mine I setup to ride the converter through 1-2-3 at moderate throttle.

Tuning anticipated I think you need to set your oncoming and offgoing pressures and then find the clutch fill time to match your anticipated shift point. The Max accel from what was said here shouldn't need to be moved much if at all to accomplish a 1.3ish 60ft. Rear gear ratio has a lot to do with it too i think, on my car the toughest thing was getting it to shift 1-2 fast enough at the track with 3.55 gears to not hit the limiter. Short gearing i'd have to command as low as 5200rpm to get a 7300 1-2 shift, but that was with anticipated off. Now with 3.15s its much closer to actual rpm.
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 08-09-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Most of what I did with my 4c was move the converter lock up speed around and the tq rate at which it locks up. Increased oncoming pressures, maxxed out the general torque limits and raised the inferred rpm limit and lower clip to not trigger a wrench. I like to turn off anticipated shifting and torque based shifts. I've tinkered with tons of other stuff with ramp rates and shift speeds, but for the most part the car drove pretty well with just those things. Lock up feel is where most the time was spent along with shift speeds. That's all preference, mine I setup to ride the converter through 1-2-3 at moderate throttle.

Tuning anticipated I think you need to set your oncoming and offgoing pressures and then find the clutch fill time to match your anticipated shift point. The Max accel from what was said here shouldn't need to be moved much if at all to accomplish a 1.3ish 60ft. Rear gear ratio has a lot to do with it too i think, on my car the toughest thing was getting it to shift 1-2 fast enough at the track with 3.55 gears to not hit the limiter. Short gearing i'd have to command as low as 5200rpm to get a 7300 1-2 shift, but that was with anticipated off. Now with 3.15s its much closer to actual rpm.
    This is a really good post thank you!!