Thread: Getting the V tuned need someone to look it over

Tuner in Training

Getting the V tuned need someone to look it over

I have a 2005 CTS-V. Torquer V2 cam, hand ported 243 heads, pacesetter headers, B&B x-pipe, no mufflers, K&N intake. Stock manifold and TB. I've been working on a tune in the car and here is what it currently looks like along with a log file of a hot starts and a short drive. I used the LTFT/STFT to get my part throttle down and will be soon moving to tuning the WOT area once I get a wideband in. Im a noob to tuning but research a lot. I would like some experts to look over my files and see if there is anything that needs to be changed before I start doing the 4K+ area of the VE table. I appreciate any input. Im running a speed density tune and currently have the LTFT's disable to fine tune the part throttle VE table. drive home.hplNewtune .hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    set maf high rpm value to 8000 rpm
    go to dtc's and set P0101/0102/0103 to mil on first error...uncheck ses box.

set pe enrichment map to around 80 kpa
    lower the enable torque to something around 65-70% ( i personally disable the torque threshold and rely on map and rpm...personal preference)
    raise the pe throttle threshold to around 70-75%

reduce the spark iat table to prevent it from kicking so hard on retard.

ve table looks smooth
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Is the MAF high rpm in the dynamac airflow? Stock it is at 4000. I'll try the power enrichment settings that you suggested. Anyone else have opinions on what the tune looks like at this stage and things that I can benefit from? Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Here is another log this morning on my way to work. I was trying to hit more cells and looks like I need to work on my higher rpm range. Ill wait to do it when the wideband sensor is all hooked up. Looks like I got some knock retard at 7:38. Any thoughts on that?work.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Bump. Any input? Going to get the wideband in this week.

Advanced Tuner
    engine>airflow>dynamic>high rpm disable. change that from 4000rpm to 8000rpm.

engine>spark>retard>burst knock retard. set the airmass table entirely to 8 and fill the multiplier tables with 0