Thread: Idle issue 2015 Mustang GT Holley Intake and GT350TB

Idle issue 2015 Mustang GT Holley Intake and GT350TB

I'm having a issue with the car surging at idle it will fluctuate between my commanded idle of 700 and drop as low as 600 and as high as 835. I also have issues with the car dying after making a run or pulling up to a stop i have tried adjusting ETC Idle angle i used a stock GT350 tune file and copied settings I've also adjusted lower than the 350 settings and still having a issue with idle hunting and car dying any ideas on what else to look at? i attached a log file along with tune.wot 14 test with stock ETC PR and stock spark stock etc idle and wot pull.hplwot 14 test with stock ETC PR and stock spark stock etc.hpt

I adjusted my RPM up to 900 and the car no longer stalls however it still surges between 800 and 1000rpm only settings i have to adjust for idle is the ETC throttle angle i know on the 2011-2014 you could adjust the airflow lbs/min at certain rpms is this missing on a 2015 or am i looking in the wrong place?

Advanced Tuner
    Where did you get the throttle body model of the gt350? You have to copy it exactly. The main problem with your idle is the throttle body model. There is no idle airflow.

There is but not in every calibration.

i have looked at a stock GT350 file and a performance pack 3 andt they both have the same data as what i have entered under effective area and predicted angle.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you found a solution to your problem? Theres ways to fix it. Do you have a new log?

Can you tell me what to look at to fix it i would like to know but he decided to go Auto and return TB to stock but i would like to know just in case i run into it again in the future.

i never found a solution however my friend that has the car decided to go from a mt-82 to a 6r80 so we are in the process of converting it to a automatic. We are going to install twin turbos but for now we are trying to return it to stock minus the exhaust and get a good log to make sure everything is in good working order before we start adding a intake or turbo. He bought a 2018 Intake so we will be deleting the IMRC's but we are going to leave the stock TB on the car. I'm sure i will need help adjusting the IMRC so i will be reaching back out once we get the car back together.