Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '04 Cobra

'04 Cobra

Tuning an '04 cobra and was wondering if anyone has a good scanner config for these cars? I'm using the HPtuners ngauge to read and write the ecm.

Tuner in Training
    im in the same boat but I have a 00 Gt with terminator engine swap. cant use historgrams with the ngauge file

Tuner in Training
    I can't even read a 03/04 cobra for some reason.

Tuner in Training
    Don't even bother. Get something else to record data. The resolution and channel selection is terrible with the mvpi and even worse with the nGauge.

As of last year HP tuners wasn't interested in further developing these pcm's.

Advanced Tuner
    same stuff you would log for a Spanish Oak GT500...the more important stuff is really just MAF hz, then use histogram to run it against your 0-5v analog inout from Wideband, then spark, and airflow maybe if you want. They are much simpler than coyote's to tune

Tuner in Training
    with the log from the ngauge you cant use the scanner it doesnt recognize the parameter.

Advanced Tuner
    There is another setup that you can use. It plugs directly into the PCM F3 port and you have access to the entire data stream.

Senior Tuner
    You can tune with nGauge logs you just have to use something other than HP Tuners to view graphs with the data. I hope the new software addresses this because it is frustrating to use other software when tuning with an HP Tuners nGauge. It just feels half supported

Advanced Tuner
    Any Confirmation on if the new MPVI2 will support the 99-04?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    Any Confirmation on if the new MPVI2 will support the 99-04?
    Nothing yet, we have to wait to see what is going to be supported once they announce the new supported vehicle list.

Tuner in Training
    when ask about it on hptuner facebook page they just answered with a smiley face emoji. So looks Like support for eec v will arrive for 2050😀

I'm using a handheld SCT to log with now.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1408 View Post
    I'm using a handheld SCT to log with now.
    You can use SCT software with nGauge log if you want.

No I'm using Live link on my laptop to scan/log. Theres not much in our HPtuners scanner for the eec pcms.

Also don't download the new beta. It causes you to have to have the mvpi plugged in and have internet to write to the SD card. You wont be able to tune at the track if you download the beta. Hopefully the well get the fixed.

Senior Tuner
    I see... I thought you were using it to view logs because the VCM Scanner doesn't play nicely with nGauge logs.

Kinda aggravating but at least I can tune the car. I just hope thaey figure out the glitch with having to have internet to export the tune to the sd card.

Senior Tuner
    I am afraid it's an implementation related to security that will not go away but we'll see.

Advanced Tuner
    Kinda aggravating but at least I can tune the car. I just hope thaey figure out the glitch with having to have internet to export the tune to the sd card.
    If you mean having to connect your cable in order to export to a nGauge, that is not a glitch apparently they meant to do that, no clue why, it's been really annoying to deal with since I don't always keep the cable on me when I send tunes out

Tuner in Training
    Tuning an '04 cobra and was wondering if anyone has a good scanner config for these cars? I'm using the HPtuners ngauge to read and write the ecm.
    04 Cobra tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

03 Terminator Modded

Here's one from an 03 Cobra that is modified.
    Attached Files Attached Files