Thread: First time user. Used 2 credits. Now it wants 2 more.

Potential Tuner

Unhappy First time user. Used 2 credits. Now it wants 2 more.

I just used my HP pro for the first time. 2012 SS Camaro. I read the car. It popped up "The data I just read isn't from my vehicle" I read the FAQ in the forum on this pop-up. I clicked OK like the FAQ said. It took me to the credit page. I used 2 credits on my car. I started making a few changes. DOD, TQ Management. I saved the file as. it opened back up in that file. I clicked to Write it ,and it said I didn't have a license for the vehicle i just read and used 2 credits on. It prompted me to use 2 more of my credits. I can send screen shots that show everything i did including it showing I have license for my car. I closed the file and HP Editor. Unplugged the cords. Then started my car to confirm it hadn't done anything to my car. I did send this in a message to HP too.

Potential Tuner
    I think the first go round you have to unlock both the ECM and the Tune file, so 4 credits total. After that you are good to go, no more credits unless you download a different tune file and then you have to unlock it for 2 credits, but your ECM is unlocked so writing it is free. Everything is setup inside the little dongle box so you can't game the system by swapping tunes or computers or whatever to get free tunes. I don't think there's a mistake, but I'm a noob so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will weigh-in.

Quote Originally Posted by russk1981 View Post
    I think the first go round you have to unlock both the ECM and the Tune file, so 4 credits total. After that you are good to go, no more credits unless you download a different tune file and then you have to unlock it for 2 credits, but your ECM is unlocked so writing it is free. Everything is setup inside the little dongle box so you can't game the system by swapping tunes or computers or whatever to get free tunes. I don't think there's a mistake, but I'm a noob so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will weigh-in.
    His year vehicle should only require 2 credits, then an extra credit if he wanted to license the FPCM if it had one. Support should be able to answer his other questions. You can also look at the supported vehicles page to see what vehicle cost for credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys.
    I ,"just for sanity sake", hooked everything back up and re-read the car. It cycled through all of the dings, lights and fuel pump. Once it read it, It popped up the same: "The data I just read isn't from my vehicle" message. I again clicked "OK". I opened the engine tab, then fuel tab, and then clicked on DOD/(afm) toggled it to disable it.(for a quick change) I then hit the Write Button. It again said I didn't have a license for the car...

Advanced Tuner
    Read it again but select which modules you want to read first. Deselect the fuel pump control module.
    it should really by default show the which modules to read screen. Save this trouble and confusion.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
    Read it again but select which modules you want to read first. Deselect the fuel pump control module.
    it should really by default show the which modules to read screen. Save this trouble and confusion.
    I did what you said and clicked the "gathered info" button and only chose the engine ecm and it let me write a tune to it. I am going to try and read the tcm too next.