Thread: Inter chiller for cobalt SC

Potential Tuner

Inter chiller for cobalt SC

hey im looking to get some cooler engine intake temps since im running a 2.6 and would rather not take the boost out to lower temps. Has anyone done this on these cars or have experience tampering with a setup like this. i cant find a kit, i'm considering making one just some get some idea going about what i may run into or some tips on what to do

Potential Tuner
    Well for anybody who cares im going to start working on this this week and ill keep updating as i try things out, if anyone has some insight it would be much appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Not that it will benefit me in any way but i appreciate you taking the time to add the info. I'm sure i can benefit someone down the road.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    most people run a dual bypass adapter and a heat exchanger out of an early 2000's cobra.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

A buddy and I gutted a 06 and are running a ice box where the passenger seat was just to see what kind of difference it makes. Still a work in progress but looking to see how far we can go on the stock blower. Using the stock pump to pump to the box, another mounted near the box to push the water back to the intake manifold.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Hell yeah sounds fun

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    A buddy and I gutted a 06 and are running a ice box where the passenger seat was just to see what kind of difference it makes. Still a work in progress but looking to see how far we can go on the stock blower. Using the stock pump to pump to the box, another mounted near the box to push the water back to the intake manifold.
    definitely interested in hearing more on that as you go along as far as how much it affects IATs and how long

Its strictly a drag car, we might take it to some street races but it won't be driven there. Its beyond gutted lol