Thread: DCFO, idle fueling issues and other issues NEED HELP!!!!

Tuner in Training

Exclamation DCFO, idle fueling issues and other issues NEED HELP!!!!

So ive been chasing my tail with issues in my car for a long time now and finally decided to post in here hoping for some help or useful input.

The vehicle : 2001 Chevy cavalier LD9 2.4 engine and 5 speed manual trans. pcm has the gm supercharger reflash as a base (2 bar speed density tune)

the issues : for starters when I try to data log I need DFCO and the car to be in open loop. Commanding it into open loop is no problem, commanding DFCO to stay off is an issue. no matter what I do the car still will enter dfco when I coast in gear after letting off the throttle. Ive set the 3 tables I have for that to the max so it doesn't enter dfco but it still does it no matter what. A few years ago the car would do it but now it doesn't. It does what it wants to.
    Another issue im having is adjusting air fuel ratios. Ive been playing with my idle table and whenever I attempt to adjust the idle fueling to reach close to 14.7 the car just leans out no matter what I do. I add fuel and it goes all over the place. im logging with histograms and an AEM uego wideband. Sometimes the car will idle normally and sometimes it idles rich and then sometimes it idles lean. Its driving me insane. im currently using 80lb siemens deka injectors. the car runs decently but I recently changed to a smaller turbine housing and I need to re adjust the tune. the car has a 62mm turbo on it.

I need this thing to command what I tell it to when I tell it to and it just isn't working. 4-29-18 retune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Did you set the rpm enable to max (6375) and vss enable to max (255) to disable dfco correct? because the tune you posted still has them enabled and to disable closed loop you need to set the ect to max (304) for the open/closed loop enable

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    Did you set the rpm enable to max (6375) and vss enable to max (255) to disable dfco correct? because the tune you posted still has them enabled and to disable closed loop you need to set the ect to max (304) for the open/closed loop enable
    yes i forgot to mention the tune I uploaded is the tune without them disabled sorry. shoulda been more specific when I posted that.