Thread: Ngauge / Data logging

Ngauge / Data logging

Is anyone using the Ngauge with the 6.7 for data logging? I'm considering getting one as it would allow me to hook up external sensors and program stored tune files without having to have the laptop in the truck. If the PIDs are accurate and complete for the 2011 6.7 that would make it the item to have. I've been struggling to log everything hopping from laptop to laptop, program to program, device to device just to log one vehicle, it's a complete pain. I'd love to hear what you know about the Ngauge.

Thanks!

Been using Lund's nGauge that I converted to normal nGauge - still looking for normal skin. Anyone willing to share?

Anyways best to read those logs with LiveLink. VCM scanner doesn't work good with csv logs - they need to be modified to even work in scanner program.

I looked into the Ngauge a bit it it's got a decent set of PIDs but still lacking a few that would be useful for tuning and no transmission PIDs?! I wish there were a single device to rule them all. I had high hopes for the Ngauge. In my greenhorn mind I had imagined the Ngauge allowing me to log every PID necessary and then being able to view that log in VCM Scanner. I really like the idea of the Ngauge but unfortunately it falls short. I think VCM Scanner will eventually be that "go to" device, it's just going to take time to get all the PIDs.

I can log trans pids with my nGauge but it's a mustang with 6r80 - I can log every pid possible. Viewing .csv logs is a problem - this is something HPT needs to address.