Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiring a GT500 MAP Sensor into Coyote Harness

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    I sent you a PM a day or two ago, mentioning pin 40 and egr/scip.

SCIP is between the TB and blower rotors, it shouldn't see higher pressure than baro. Pin 40 on the E harness is alive for SCIP/EGR even with the map sensor switch turned off in the tune so I don't think it's the pin you're looking for.

Thanks Witt, I see that now! Sometimes I don't see PM notifications of this board.

Which is the E harness? With my PCM mounting on a 2012 GT, I have ~40 pin connector at the top, then two ~70 pin connectors below that.

This should answer your question about default map voltage vs inhg...

Attachment 85206

I guess it still remains to be seen whether I find a channel to log that gives me raw voltage (where I can create a math parameter with the slope/intercept for my MAP sensor), or if I can only find a channel with pressure. I guess I could still use those values you gave to convert back to voltage, and reconvert for my sensor.

Is that screenshot from a different tuning package?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleek98 View Post
    Here is the pin outs for a 2011/2012 and 2013/2014.

Your looking for PIN 40 on the 11-14 ECU.

On the GT500 there is a pressure sensor built into the EGR valve. I dont think its a true map sensor, when I log supercharger pressure its always positive, although I could be logging the wrong PID. All three show 5 psi when idling.

Okay, looking at your log more closely, I think I understand.

All those pressure values are reading absolute (not gauge) pressure. So 5.6 psi at idle, minus 14 psi atmospheric, times 2.036 to convert to in-Hg = -17.1 in-Hg, a pretty reasonable idle vacuum.

With the TB closed, all 3 pressure values are essentially equal, which you would expect when the bypass is open.

When you roll into the pedal, SIP maxes out at 14 psi (atmospheric), also what we would expect. "Calc MAP" and "MAP" climb above that, indicating boost. You show a max boost of about 3.5 psi at 43% pedal (@ 1:15 in the log) (very low RPM). These two values are essentially identical (besides maybe a little sampling rate error), so I think they are the same calculated/inferred value, reported on two different channels.

Do you have any other related channels that are available to log, like say SIP/MAP voltage?

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Thanks Witt, I see that now! Sometimes I don't see PM notifications of this board.

Which is the E harness? With my PCM mounting on a 2012 GT, I have ~40 pin connector at the top, then two ~70 pin connectors below that.
    I believe it's the middle but don't quote me on that.

I guess it still remains to be seen whether I find a channel to log that gives me raw voltage (where I can create a math parameter with the slope/intercept for my MAP sensor), or if I can only find a channel with pressure. I guess I could still use those values you gave to convert back to voltage, and reconvert for my sensor.

Is that screenshot from a different tuning package?
    So, how that works is that slope and intercept that I showed is the PCM's default transfer for a map sensor to translate voltage to inhg when the MAP sensor switch is flipped to "on". If your sensor is different from that transfer, you would have to edit it to match the proper values or the PCM would think you would have more or less pressure than your sensor actually reads.

Yes, its SCT Advantage.

In case someone needs a missing terminals for those ECU connectors - works for S550, never tested with S197 but they should be the same:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...ge-du2z14474ca

Tuner in Training
    Okay, looking at your log more closely, I think I understand.

All those pressure values are reading absolute (not gauge) pressure. So 5.6 psi at idle, minus 14 psi atmospheric, times 2.036 to convert to in-Hg = -17.1 in-Hg, a pretty reasonable idle vacuum.

With the TB closed, all 3 pressure values are essentially equal, which you would expect when the bypass is open.

When you roll into the pedal, SIP maxes out at 14 psi (atmospheric), also what we would expect. "Calc MAP" and "MAP" climb above that, indicating boost. You show a max boost of about 3.5 psi at 43% pedal (@ 1:15 in the log) (very low RPM). These two values are essentially identical (besides maybe a little sampling rate error), so I think they are the same calculated/inferred value, reported on two different channels.

Do you have any other related channels that are available to log, like say SIP/MAP voltage?
    Didnt think about it being an absolute and converting it. I am normally sitting at 17-19 in-hg on the n-gauge with the boost box. Yes I can log voltage for the SIP and the MAP.

Yes I can log voltage for the SIP and the MAP.

Are they the same?

Different voltages would imply two different sensors... which there aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    In case someone needs a missing terminals for those ECU connectors - works for S550, never tested with S197 but they should be the same:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...ge-du2z14474ca

Dang, Tasca is going for a fat markup on those!

If you are game to solder yourself, the bare pins can be found at a fraction here: https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...xJeP9q_4Y_t2gg

I believe it's the middle but don't quote me on that.

So, how that works is that slope and intercept that I showed is the PCM's default transfer for a map sensor to translate voltage to inhg when the MAP sensor switch is flipped to "on". If your sensor is different from that transfer, you would have to edit it to match the proper values or the PCM would think you would have more or less pressure than your sensor actually reads.

Yes, its SCT Advantage.

Thanks!

Well, I did another test and didn't get the result I hoped for.

Pin 40 on the middle harness connector is empty, but on the lowest connector is populated, so I installed a pin in #40 of the middle connector.

I set up Scanner to log:

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (V) 2332
    Manifold Absolute Pressure (psi) 2331
    Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor (V) 2344
    Supercharger Inlet Pressure (psi) 2343

While logging, I took a AAA battery with wires attached. I sent (+) to pin 40 and (-) to the ground stud on the fuse box.

2331 is just equal to Calculated MAP, and the rest read 0.000

I tried flipped the MAP Sensor switch to "fitted" in the tune and reflashed, but the behavior is the same.

I guess the best case scenario is that these channels are not properly mapped in HPT for my FPDX strategy. I am going to email support about this and see if they can help.

Tuner in Training
    crap i cant read.

only thing I can think is the 9 v is too much as its normally 0-5v?

crap i cant read.

only thing I can think is the 9 v is too much as its normally 0-5v?

Like I said, I installed a new pin into 40 of the middle connector.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I missed that the first go around. Thought you said you added it to the bottom connector.

Well, that sucks:

I asked a follow-up question about why there would be a master switch in all these strategies for the presence of a physical MAP sensor, if there isn't a path for that signal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CCS86; 12-18-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Bumping this to say that the 2018 Cobra Jet lists a 2011-2012 Copperhead S197 part number, the calibration shows as a Copperhead and its using a MAP instead of a MAF. Still looking for a wiring diagram for it.

Tuner
    I have been working on this for my SC 2008 to use the EGR with MAP/SIP from GT500 to datalog it and to read boost. I gut all wiring as I have OEM wiring for both GT500 and GT, but no matter what I do I can't get that PID, can someone with GT500 log that and confirm it so I can ask HPT team to add it to my strategy then I can write full instruction on how to do it?

Bumping this to say that the 2018 Cobra Jet lists a 2011-2012 Copperhead S197 part number, the calibration shows as a Copperhead and its using a MAP instead of a MAF. Still looking for a wiring diagram for it.
    Just looked at that. So the 2018 cobrajet is using a copperhead ecu again with some custom coding using Speed density? That's interesting. Wonder what's the possibility of using that calibration or code in an earlier 11~14 model? Eric....
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Well that sounds pretty interesting!

Keep us posted.

Well, I did another test and didn't get the result I hoped for.

Pin 40 on the middle harness connector is empty, but on the lowest connector is populated, so I installed a pin in #40 of the middle connector.

I set up Scanner to log:

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (V) 2332
    Manifold Absolute Pressure (psi) 2331
    Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor (V) 2344
    Supercharger Inlet Pressure (psi) 2343

While logging, I took a AAA battery with wires attached. I sent (+) to pin 40 and (-) to the ground stud on the fuse box.

2331 is just equal to Calculated MAP, and the rest read 0.000

I tried flipped the MAP Sensor switch to "fitted" in the tune and reflashed, but the behavior is the same.

I guess the best case scenario is that these channels are not properly mapped in HPT for my FPDX strategy. I am going to email support about this and see if they can help.

Bumping this...

Did you make sure the sip sensor switch was on when you tried that location? Most coyote cals its turned off. With the updated copperhead stuff I see there is a switch there for that. I'm wondering if it will respond to a voltage once turned on and we could rescal the slope and atleast use it as a loggable map input?
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Bumping this...

Did you make sure the sip sensor switch was on when you tried that location? Most coyote cals its turned off. With the updated copperhead stuff I see there is a switch there for that. I'm wondering if it will respond to a voltage once turned on and we could rescal the slope and atleast use it as a loggable map input?

My strategy didn't have that switch when I tested, unfortunately.

Now I have the Pro set logging my MAP sensor, so it's not high on my list.

Plus, there is always the chance that enabling that switch causes the signal to fed into some of the management logic, if there is even code behind that switch at all. I got them to add the MCT switch to normal Mustang strategies, and it doesn't function.