Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiring a GT500 MAP Sensor into Coyote Harness

I was wondering if you could potentially have one person watch the "MAP sensor voltage" reading on the nGauge, while another person took a AA battery (grounded to the chassis) and probed the + lead to each PDM pin through the back of the connector.

I'm not sure how big of a risk this represents. 1.5V seems to low to burn anything up. On the other side, a higher voltage pin would essentially be getting grounded (with a 1.5V reduction in potential).

Thoughts?

F150 5.0 has a MAP, anyone looked at those.

Quote Originally Posted by superman07 View Post

IIs it for a copperhead year 11-14? . If that's the case i'm sure it's the assigned to the same pin. I'll check it out thanks.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Coyote F150, or older pushrod?

coyote, Was looking at a 2018 and considering a Whipple. Their instructions replace the one bar sensor (oem) with a 2 or 3, I forget which.

My installer jacked up my gt350 and actually placed the 1 bar baro sensor in the whipple manifold. He was used to doing the trucks. I just got that sorted a few weeks ago.

I bought a oem Bosch 3 bar and I wanted to put that in the whipple manifold now that I have the one bar in the airbox. I have the pro so I thought it would be nice to log.

Hmmm, I'm not sure the specifics of the Roush MAF-to-MAP harness, and this is for a 2018 which could have a different PCM pinout, but the pins mentioned on page 31 - 32 could be a place to start...

https://www.roushperformance.com/med...structions.pdf

It looks like these companies working with Ford all us the FI strategies and cals that re-use the IMRC connectors to add sensors.

It looks like these companies working with Ford all us the FI strategies and cals that re-use the IMRC connectors to add sensors.

This is good for Gen III crowd, but I don't think it applies to the copperhead or gen II guys.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Another thought occurred to me for locating this mythical pin...

Since the nGauge shows a valid MAP sensor channel, I will start by watching that signal, then using a strong rare-earth magnet to sweep around near the pcm connectors. The hope being that I can induce enough voltage to show a blip on that channel and prove that it is functioning, before I physically mess with wires.

I tried out the magnet trick. No luck.

It makes sense though. You can't induce a current in a circuit which is not complete. If the PCM has a channel for it, but no physical sensor, there is nothing completing the circuit from the reference voltage to the signal input.

I do still think that taking a 1.5v battery, grounding the negative terminal to chassis and probing pins with the positive lead, while watching the MAP_V channel could work.

Unfortunately, there is no pin 80, like in the Roush instructions on the 2012 PCM connectors.

Hopefully, someone can dig up a PCM pinout to give us some direction. I can test specific pins, but there are just too many unused pins to test them all.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the pin outs for a 2011/2012 and 2013/2014.

Your looking for PIN 40 on the 11-14 ECU.

On the GT500 there is a pressure sensor built into the EGR valve. I dont think its a true map sensor, when I log supercharger pressure its always positive, although I could be logging the wrong PID. All three show 5 psi when idling.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sleek98; 12-02-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleek98 View Post
    Here is the pin outs for a 2011/2012 and 2013/2014.

Your looking for PIN 40 on the 11-14 ECU.

On the GT500 there is a pressure sensor built into the EGR valve. I dont think its a true map sensor, when I log supercharger pressure its always positive, although I could be logging the wrong PID. All three show 5 psi when idling.

Sleek, you are the man!!!

On the MAP test log you attached, which sensor did you use? It appears to be right on the money without needing a math parameter. Is there a transfer function (voltage > psi) built into the ECU on that channel?

Is it pin 40 on the bottom PCM connector, or the middle one? (I think those two are the same, with a smaller connector at the top)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Sleek, you are the man!!!

On the MAP test log you attached, which sensor did you use? It appears to be right on the money without needing a math parameter. Is there a transfer function (voltage > psi) built into the ECU on that channel?

Is it pin 40 on the bottom PCM connector, or the middle one? (I think those two are the same, with a smaller connector at the top)
    That is using the stock SIP sensor (EGR) on the GT500, I have a 2012 GT500.

I believe on the ECU the top connector is the Engine harness, middle is trans harness, and bottom is the body harness.

That is using the stock SIP sensor (EGR) on the GT500, I have a 2012 GT500.

I believe on the ECU the top connector is the Engine harness, middle is trans harness, and bottom is the body harness.

So you seem to have discrete channels for SIP and MAP (besides calculated MAP). Do you think they are both generated from the one SIP sensor, or is there another sensor?

Tuner in Training
    So you seem to have discrete channels for SIP and MAP (besides calculated MAP). Do you think they are both generated from the one SIP sensor, or is there another sensor?
    Both are from the same sensor, which is odd since they are off slightly. I added all the channels with "pressure" in the name, except for AC pressure.

Both are from the same sensor, which is odd since they are off slightly. I added all the channels with "pressure" in the name, except for AC pressure.

I'm not sure exactly where the SIP sensor references pressure, but it is plausible that it measures actual MAP, and then uses that to infer inlet pressure.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure exactly where the SIP sensor references pressure, but it is plausible that it measures actual MAP, and then uses that to infer inlet pressure.
    It takes its pressure reading from the side of the supercharger post throttle body but before the rotors. the fuel pressure sensor on the rail is connected to the lower intake manifold post rotors and the back of the supercharger has a line running down to the lower intake manifold as well.

I sent you a PM a day or two ago, mentioning pin 40 and egr/scip.

SCIP is between the TB and blower rotors, it shouldn't see higher pressure than baro. Pin 40 on the E harness is alive for SCIP/EGR even with the map sensor switch turned off in the tune so I don't think it's the pin you're looking for.

Is there a transfer function (voltage > psi) built into the ECU on that channel?
    This should answer your question about default map voltage vs inhg...

coyote map.jpg