Thread: Asstec swap , now with airbag light

Potential Tuner

Question Asstec swap , now with airbag light

car- 04 Pontiac Aztec fwd ... not supported by HPT
    new engine 04 Buick Regal GS 3800 supercharged Supported

Buick engine running on the Buick ECM, vats disabled. Running in the Asstec.

Harness is cross between the 2 harness. it can still have issues also...

The issue is it's throwing an airbag light. code b1001 'option configuration error'

I can reset it with another scanner system but with restart , the BCM disables the air bags. 'Driver and passenger frontal loops - disabled'

It looks like a VIN problem. the Buick vin is in the ECM
    Asstec vin in BCM and the bodybag system is looking for matching VINs

Id like to flash the Buick ECM with the Asstec Vin but since HPT doesn't support the Asstec at all. I don't think it would pass the 'checkism' requirement

Also don't know if it would affect the programing of the ECM by the vin not matching the Buick info.

or cost 6 credits and still not work even if the stars align.

I don't know if I can trick the bodybag system by feeding sensor data to the Asstec ECM & bury it some where.

maybe a sticker over the light in the cluster... joking....kinda...

When ya get done crying at laughing at me , any help would be cool
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    ok someone is f-ing with me. after many attempts to save the stock Aztec tune, uploaded from the car, with no luck 'unsupported file or something to that effect'
    today it read and saved just fine..... tried in car and bench before... today on the bench the stock PCM saved on my computer just fine.
    I was going to try to get the "junk file" to send to support..... time will tell if this is good....