Thread: 6l80E WOT shift RPM

Tuner in Training

6l80E WOT shift RPM

Im very green to all this tuning, but i am having an issue i cant figure out. I have Rev limiters set to 6200 using the ETC as the limiter action. My WOT shift RPM is set to 6000, and the WOT shift speeds are set to about 1 MPH below the max speed i can reach at 6k. But it still hits the rev limiter and cuts off the throttle pedal until i lift, then it shifts. Any ideas? Attached is the pics of my settings, and a gear ratio calculator with speeds of my setup. ThanksCapture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Potential Tuner
    Lower your shift speed by 5mph. There are many videos on Youtube about this.

Keep dropping your MPH until the shift initiates at the RPM you want.

These trans go off MPH on the early year cars like my 2010....

Then your line pressure needs to be raised if it's not a stock car because otherwise it'll take forever to complete the shift.

Add about 5 to 10 % to oncoming pressure preset at a time; it helped mine start to shift better.

For instance, you command a shift to 2nd at 32 mph, and in the log you see it shift at 33 mph, but it still gains 4 mph more and a few hundred RPM over your limit at the exact shift speed you commanded.

Make sure after every change you reset the trans adapts....
    2010 Camaro SS 781rwhp
    TKR Stage 4 CTSV 6L90
    Circle D 258mm 3400 3B Pro Series Multi Disk
    Kooks Ceramic LT's & full 3in exhaust
    TFS GenX 255's (Polished PAC .660's and Ti-Retainers)
    TSP VVT 3.2 cam
    Smith Bro's trunnion kit
    AEM X-Series OBDII Wideband Gauges
    FIC ID1300x Injectors
    ZL1 Fuel Pump
    DSX Flex Fuel Kit / Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit
    MM Camaro 5 Wild
    Holley Tall LS Valve Covers
    NGK Iridium IX #7
    HP Tuners MPVI2+
    ProCharger D1X @ 13psi