Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Tahoe SSV - Torque Management

It was all trial and error for a long time, then just final details over a long period of time.

If some of the changes are too much, just reduce the amount that you changed with. Sometimes the abrupt downshifts can be there or you may feel it shifts too hard from gear to gear at full throttle. It's just a game you play with it. Pretty slick that only have to mess with like 4 minor parts of the transmission to make it do what you want because 90% of the tables in there are not really used/needed to be changed.

For sure give it time to relearn the adaptive settings in the transmissions. When you reset them it does make the transmission shift a little lurchy/clunking for a little bit as it learns.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    yeah its so cool you can change a couple things and make it drive completely different. well i can tell ya its more responsive and easier to drive. holds gears nicer around town, everytime my truck got above 1500-1800rpm it loved to shift up and lug its guts out till it down shifted again. Damn manufacturers trying to save fuel lol. Im getting addicted everyday i learn more. I like how you did that tune stuff is moderately changed nothing crazy like some of the tunes guys have posted. always made me worry about messin things up or having someone troll and brick my stuff. But yeah ill be definitely experimenting with your other tweaks in the ENGINE tabs and seeing how my truck likes it. I can tell im getting a little KR comin in on my logs 2-3 i think. Im getting an intake soon so ill post a log after i install and see what everyone thinks.

Just curious. About to start tuning on my wife's 2008 Escalade 6.2. Will these changes work on a 6.2? trying to get some more fuel mileage, and drivability out of it.

Being a 6.2 doesn't really matter, it's just a larger engine than a 5.3.

You can calibrate the tranmission and timing/PE settings in similar ways. Just note that the 2007-2009ish calibration files may use different tables and labels than the later 2010+ files like we have posted in this thread.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Being a 6.2 doesn't really matter, it's just a larger engine than a 5.3.

You can calibrate the tranmission and timing/PE settings in similar ways. Just note that the 2007-2009ish calibration files may use different tables and labels than the later 2010+ files like we have posted in this thread.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I looked at them last night, and the only difference I could see was some flex fuel tabs.

I know the transmission stuff is a little more different if I remember right.