Thread: LMM Reading/Logging Boost

LMM Reading/Logging Boost

How are you guys reading/logging boost on a LMM Duramax.

Logging MAP in the Scanner doesn't seem to work as it is way low. Replaced the MAP sensor with a factory GM one and still the same. At key on engine off it reads 76kpa when the baro reads 89 kpa. But the output voltage of the sensor is correct. I checked it with my Tech2 scanner and the voltages are the same but the readings with HP Scanner is 76kpa when the reading with the Tech2 is 89kpa. So i cant use MAP to log boost.

With stock tune the thing smokes when you accelerate, so I'm trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the turbo.

Thanks Rick

Tuner in Training
    I have almost the same problem with my LBZ.
    I emailed support and send them lots of files.
    They will return to me when they know what is wrong.

In my case map reads 84kpa with igt on. Tech2 reads 100kpa.

Tuner in Training
    Hallo sir.

They just returned back to me.

They made me a 3,7 beta version. Where i can log another MAP channel.

Now it works for mee.

I've always just used map voltage and ran an equation to translate into boost pressure. There's a few things I've requested in the past to be released by support and usually get squat in return. It's good to see they released a beta for you though.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

If you have the stock software and it smokes the FIRST thing you want to do is "Balancing Rate" on all 8 injectors. With it at an idle as soon as you start it. It only reports at idle so don't drive or goose the throttle as it will "0.0" the numbers. If you have anything more than +2 or -2 keep an eye on them. Injectors that are above +/- 4.0 in park/neutral and +/-6.0 in drive will need to be replaced. All the tuning and software in the world won't fix bad injectors.