Thread: Syncing GoPro and AEM AQ-1

Potential Tuner

Syncing GoPro and AEM AQ-1

Hi,

I've got a new challenge that I thought I had solved a while back...not sure if it's due to the latest software upgrade or if my mojo is off. I've made dozens of videos from Racerender with excellent success. I use an AEM AQ-1 w/ OBDii (I upgraded my AEM last year from the non-OBDii version and boy is this easier). My AQ-1 collects directly AFR (wideband), Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Brake Pressure and whether my Accusump fires. With OBDii I capture coolant temp, RPM, Speed, Throttle Position, and Voltage.

I used to just line up the beginning of the file by pumping the brake 4 times and saying "Brake Brake Brake Brake" at the same time I pumped the pedal...when I line up the spike in the brake pressure data with the video, voila, it's usually a perfect video from beginning to end.

Well, I was at NCM this weekend and did my usual and when I created my videos I found I was getting a drift. By the end of a 30 minute session, I was off by a good margin. Reading the manual again and visiting the forums I discovered if I put a playback speed in the datafile of 0.994 then the OBD2 data and the video aligned perfectly through-out the entire run. YAY!

Then I notice my direct read data was off now. My AFR, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Brake pressure are now off a little bit. Is there a way to treat OBD2 data differently than non-OBD2 data? I recently updated the Racerender software and didn't keep an old version to "fall back" to. That was a bad move....IF that's where the problem lies. I did check that I'm still running the same version of AEMData software that I have used for years. I have no idea where the problem lies. I do have an updated AEMData download but hate to install it (another variable) since it used to work great with RR. Maybe I could try it on another computer?

Soooo, I will entertain any ideas to help me clear up my videos! THANKS!!!
    Last edited by tgcounts; 05-07-2018 at 10:03 PM.