Thread: Blank OS Advanced View On, in 2006 Magnum SRT8

Tuner in Training

Blank OS Advanced View On, in 2006 Magnum SRT8

I'm looking to turn off my Neural Network but cannot switch the Dodge into V.E. tuning mode?
    When I hit the OS button nothing comes up. Does anyone have any Idea what could be wrong?

BoneStockSRT8.hpt

Tuner
    Neural network didn't exist in cars without VVT. 2008 SRT's don't have it.
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

Tuner in Training
    So is the Vehicle essentially in speed density mode already? What is determining the short term fuel trims?

My end goal is to supercharge my car but initially here I'm getting a baseline for new injectors.

What is the tuning process on a pre-neural network car?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rolson View Post
    So is the Vehicle essentially in speed density mode already? What is determining the short term fuel trims?

My end goal is to supercharge my car but initially here I'm getting a baseline for new injectors.

Nearly all Dodges run SD from the factory, with the exception of the Hellcats, Vipers, and a few others. The fuel trims are a result of the oxygen sensor feed back in relation to the base fuel calculation, determined by the Injector calibration, VE table, adders, etc.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 05-09-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rolson View Post

Don't confuse Neural Network for closed loop, they are not the same. Neural network is a system to help pre-determine torque output and airflow/fuel requirements of the engine. Once determined it then commands the calculated fuel and airflow and let's your standard close loop fueling (o2 sensor feedback and resulting long/short term fuel trims) to get the rest cleaned up.

Without the neural network option in your ECU, the ECU is using a more basic Volumetric efficiency and injector tables to deliver the right fueling and airflow, still though in closed loop with fuel trims working.

Tuner in Training
    06300CSRT8 you rock dude lights just flipped in my mind I think im starting to understand whats going on then.

Tuner in Training
    Ok that makes sense