Thread: Read canceled, Module can't be read

Tuner in Training

Read canceled, Module can't be read

The truck originally had the smart jr handheld programmer on it. I returned to stock file and it tells me the module cant be read but it will gather all the in for ecu

Any help?

Thanks
    Richard

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyP View Post
    The truck originally had the smart jr handheld programmer on it. I returned to stock file and it tells me the module cant be read but it will gather all the info for ecu but nothing else

Any help?

Thanks
    Richard
    Also the original ecu for the truck was destroyed and I do not have access to it.

Banned
    Believe I?ve seen other threads on here with similar issues going from smarty jr or sr to hptuner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Believe I?ve seen other threads on here with similar issues going from smarty jr or sr to hptuner.
    I have been looking. If i would have found something I wouldn't have asked, but its taken care of now

Tuner in Training
    The file had the read disabled from another person. For anyone else that has this problem. Tech Support said the way around a locked tune if you can't get original tuner to unlock it is to take the ECU to the dealership and them Re-write the file only and not the calibration. I Hope this information helps if you ever need it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyP View Post
    The truck originally had the smart jr handheld programmer on it. I returned to stock file and it tells me the module cant be read but it will gather all the in for ecu

Any help?

Thanks
    Richard
    what year is it the 03 to 05 i think it is do not allow read on the trucks they generate a base file for you to use.
    2005 Dodge 2500
    80% over injectors, 5" turbo back exhaust, HP Tuners, ARP head studs.
    Intake, Tater Built Turbo 67/67, Fleece 750 Powerflow CP3.
    2.5" front lvl kit, 35's on Soto 20x10s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ2000 View Post
    what year is it the 03 to 05 i think it is do not allow read on the trucks they generate a base file for you to use.
    Correct for 03-05 years