Thread: Writing 2011 Camaro SS file to 2012 Sierra ecm

Tuner in Training

Writing 2011 Camaro SS file to 2012 Sierra ecm

Doing a swap on a chevelle. I did a read entire and licensed it. Then I licensed the camaro tune. I did a write entire with the camaro tune. I made some changes and got the unlicensed car error. So I did a read entire again and the os still says 2012 Sierra. I tried to make changes to that file and it says unlicensed vehicle. What am I doing wrong and did I waste 4 credits?
    2014 GMC Sierra Z71
    5.3 N/A
    Mod'd stock intake
    Exhaust

LQ9 swapped '69 Chevelle in progress

Tuner in Training
    Bump for help please?

I dont know. I have 2 ecu's, one my stock one, one an Ebay ecu that was from some 6cyl car but the year was correct, I have two different OS's licenced, and I can write both different OS's to both ECU's. But I may have had the VIN in the ebay ECU changed to my VIN before I tried writing to it. That part I dont remember it's been years.

Someone will likely chime in, but you may need some type of VIN match before you can write the camaro tune to the Sierra ecu, or maybe you already did this.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 05-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

So both files say unlicensed or just the truck file?

Writing over the previous file could have changed the VIN, so you'd have to license the new VIN again.

I highly advise against ever writing a different year calibration onto another computer like you did. I would only ever to that with a dealership level scan tool to overwrite a computer with a new base calibration. Possible you could have done this is 2 credits using the copy paste method.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Make sure when you read that your not reading the FPCM(Fuel Pump Control Module) if it has one.. That takes 2 more credits to license..

There is also a change vin wizard in the edit tab drop down menu.. You might be able to use that to correct the vin..

Tuner in Training
    I tried the Vin change wizard. I received an error.

Should I take the ECU to the dealer to have them flash the new VIN?

I guess another question would be - if I do the copy paste method, will the cell qty and what/not match up?
    2014 GMC Sierra Z71
    5.3 N/A
    Mod'd stock intake
    Exhaust

Tuner in Training
    Would a better option be to have the dealer flash 2012 Silvy ECU with the 2011 Camaro OS?
    2014 GMC Sierra Z71
    5.3 N/A
    Mod'd stock intake
    Exhaust