Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you guys do?

Tuner in Training
    Another professional stuent here, currently working on my PhD in computer science.
    2001 Z28 (slow)

Advanced Tuner
    Automotive design engineer. I've been doing body sheetmetal design for the Big Blue Oval for the last 7 years. I sit at a CAD tube all day and update parts. Currently (for the last 2+ years) working on a Lincoln that will hit the road in fall 2007.
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Tuner in Training
    Damn turo had no idea you were working on a phd. Broker.....J.P. Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Turo
    Another professional stuent here, currently working on my PhD in computer science.
    Tuning how told you I did that?

I own an auto repair shop (Auto Lab) since 1983. Working on cars has been a hobby since I was about 13. Started pcm tuning in 1998 on my 12 sec. 1991 Trans Am GTA. In 2000, I special ordered a 2001 ZO6. The car stayed stock for 2 weeks, then TPIS headers and a Blackwing air filter were added. Then a 234/228/.575 SLP/COMP cam. I started tuning with LS1 Edit, then bought the tunershop version of HP Tuners. The car made 404 rwhp on a dyno jet. I also have Tuner Cat software for the 1996-2000 Vortec Trucks, and the 1996-1997 LT1/LT4.

I've been tuning customer's vehicles for a couple of years now. Plus we do all types of mechanical repairs and maintenance.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    More of a replacement - See below:

My supervisor, mentor, and all around good friend Doug Moody passed June 12th.

Way before I met him at Edelbrock, he ran an Alcohol Funny Car in the 60's & 70's in the northwest circuit & Canada. He had a crash at Ontario in 76 at the World Finals and was in a chair since then. That didn't stop him as he got an electronics degree & ran the Electronics Dept at Edelbrock for 20 years.

Doug took me in as family (as my closest relatives were 150 miles away) and was always available to chat about anything. I will truely miss the man.

EC -- Exclusive Member of the *Doug Club*

* Doug & I always referred to ourselves as the *Doug Club* with another *Doug* at Edelbrock.

EC,

I knew Doug, too. Good guy, always at the races! Usually hanging with Sid Waterman, or Prudhomme's gang. I used to be around the NHRA races, mostly on the East coast, back in the 70's, and 80's. Still make it out, once in a while. I mostly do overseas construction work (welding). Spent this summer in Afghanistan. Was at Maple Grove last weekend to catch up on my visiting.

Advanced Tuner
    Sr. Software Engineer here... mostly doing Remedy ARS coding at present ... about to become a part time student again too (going for my Masters of Science in Information Systems)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    I'm a RF Tester at Lucent Technologies, I build and test Cell Phone Systems for Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, Alltel, Metro PCS, Etc.

I have a 2 year Electronics Engineering Degree.

I have been playing around with cars since I bought my 2001 SS. Started out with LS1 Edit and then switched to HP Tuners over time. I do some tuning on the side, but not so much anymore since a lot of people are getting into tuning.

Other things I like to do is play around with home and car stereos, electronics, fishing, shooting guns, spend hours online reading about tuning LS1's
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

I do designs for over 2,000 products that my company sells. Mostly bridges and culverts made from Corrugated Steel Pipe. I have been messing with cars and motorcycyles for as long as I can remember. This is my first venture into the electronic tuning side. I still feel like my head is spinning when I read this stuff, and try and make sense of it on my own car!
    Victory Red 06 Cobalt SS/SC

HP Tune in progress

Tuner
    Feel little out classed with this group.

Machinist going on 10 years now. Making medical and areospace parts now.
    but hey least somebody got to rip some steel.

CT.
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Man you guys do way cooler crap than me I run the steam side of a nuclear power plant im Washington...

Potential Tuner
    Might as well make my first post an introduction. I'm a mechanical engineer at Caterpillar in the engine development world. Picked up HPTuners to tune on the GTO, hey an LS1 can't be much harder than a C15.....

Strange coincidence, a buddy bought an 02 Duramax today on eBay and asked me, "does that tuning software of yours do diesels?" and Later that night the new stuff is out, time for some fun!

Rin,
    You can probably give some of us Diesel noobs some help...

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Product Development/Sustaining Engineer for a Kitchen Accessory Company......with a part time job/hobby working with a good friend and his business that supports the Syclone/Typhoon comunity.

I work as a computer engineer for a government contractor. I maintain tactical military computers and systems.
    15 Silverado 2500HD LML Z71, LTZ, 4x4, 6.6 ltr., Air Bags, FASS 90, 16/21 MPG.
    06 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO LS2-402, OCT 08 Dyno: 554rwhp/492rwtq, 18/26 MPG.
    16 Silver 6-speed Camaro 2SS LT1, 16/25 MPG.

Production Planner for Retail Distribution, that means I make sure 800 people have something to do.

Im new so this will be a good place to start. Im an auto addict that owns and operates a powdercoat company. Im also starting a performance automotive biz. All of my free time is spent with my family at the race track, here is my oldest daughter.

I have a small auto repair shop.Flying and NHRA Drag Racing are my hobbies.Raced for 26 years.Been flying for 12 years.
    2018 GMC Denali A8 6.2L
    2016 CTS-V
    2016 C7 Z06 A8
    2016 C7 Z06/Z07 A8 vert
    2015 Chevy SS 6.2 LS3 A6
    1996 Impala SS LT1 CAI
    1995 Chevy 1500 5.3 CAI Z06 cam
    1957 Chevy vert

You guys have some good jobs, I'm a mechanic at a hyundai dealership ( ) and I tune cars on the side. I use to co-own a performance shop but got doneover buy my partner so I got a job where I am, less stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by moes04silverado
    I setup and program GPS equipment on bull dozers, motor graders, and excavtors, so that they know exactly how to build the site or road right from their machines with out the use of engineers and surveyors.

any questions? lol

I guess I'm the most un-schooled one here..........I run the equipment that guys like this sets up!! Finish grader operator. So now you see why I have so much trouble trying to understand what the heck most of you are talking about lol