Thread: Spark source help

Tuner

Spark source help

I'm having trouble with my BF turbo maintaining a smooth ignition curve at WOT.
    The spark source seems to be constantly changing from Base - borderline - Tipin.
    I am running E85 and around 14-15psi boost. I initially had a good ignition trace on the log but I was always getting around 6 degs (false) knock retard even on low boost so I disabled the knock sensor and it seems to have made it worse.
    Heres a screenshot of 3rd gear WOT.
    32187215_10157420335798957_4434511178584031232_n.jpg
    I have tried disabling torque module and it didn't help.
    There is always little blips throughout the RPM and the spark source says tipin detonation control which is odd since I have knock sensor disabled?
    I've tried all different tip-in rpm settings and whatever I do I can't seem to disable it.
    I think its possible that HP tuners is not showing me the tip-in table like the FG has.
    I also tried copying this entire BASE ignition table to the Borderline table and also the lambda correction MBT to BKT so that both tables were exactly the same.
    This didn't help either.

How can I force the ecu to just stay on BASE?
    Last datalog is attached.
    I am about to try turning knock sensor back on and changing the sensitivity to less sensitivity and see how that goes.
    I am running out of ideas....
    Last edited by luke111; 05-11-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Tuner
    I've downloaded the latest BETA and now startegy: HACCKA has spark tip in retard table as well as airmass enable disable.
    Hopefully this will fix my problem.

Advanced Tuner
    post your file

Advanced Tuner
    disable tip in spark torque control

set spark requestor in spark torque ratio limit to 1.0 for tip in.

disable knock sensors fitted and select 0 for tuning. zero out spark corrections for lambda, IMRC and all miscellaneous tables.

but bear in mind there are several spark tables that are part of the algorithm that we can neither see or edit. you can be a little crude with the b series falcon. perfection is a far stretch unlike with a GM