Thread: High b2 fuel trims with normal b1

Potential Tuner

High b2 fuel trims with normal b1

Hi,
    I'm new to tuning, and just got myself hp tuners standard earlier this week. I'm trying to get this tune dialed in because I know its a bit of a mess. Several tuners have had their hands on it and i'm not certain everything was done right.
    The vehicle in question is a 2006 silverado ccsb 5.3 220/220 tsp cam, long tubes, built trans w/ 2700 stall.
    I'm posting my current tune, and a log of some idling, and light throttle pulls.
    I'm noticing my B1 fuel trims looks fine, but my B2 are really high. If someone could give me any insight as to what could cause this? Something mechanical or could the tune control each bank independently?

I do not have a wide band yet, but I will get one coming soon before I do any fueling changes.

Any tips or suggestions for a new tuner looking to learn as much as I can about my current situation would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if someone could look at how I have all my torque managemnt tables set and give me an opinion on that too that would be great. I want to keep the TM there, but not as much as stock. I want to keep my trans living.

Thanks
    Josh

2006 silverado baker tune bc trans and fans and torque management change idle changes.hptfuel trims.hplfuel trim.hpl

Being that it's only one bank I'd be looking at a big exhaust leak before that o2 sensor or the sensor itself is bad. Look for an exhaust leak first, smoke test the system if you need too. Then you could swap the upstream sensors side to side, if the bad readings went over to bank 1, then it's something with that sensor.

At a glance the tune seems okay, nothing jumped at me in a quick glance.

You should add more channels to your logs though, more data should be in there. Add your TPS, injector pulse width avg for both banks so you can see how much headroom you still have on the stock injectors. Add the o2 sensors themselves so you can watch them and give you a better idea of what that bank 2 sensor is doing. Add cylinder airmass too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Could be a single failing lifter as well.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    Good idea with swapping the sensors, I will try that this weekend.
    As far as the exhaust leak, I know that I have a little pinhole but its hardly much at all... but maybe. I will get that worked on as well.
    I will add more channels as well. I was playing with that a bit today before work. There is just so much to take in with all of this its just a bit overwhelming.

If a lifter is failing to cause that, would that mean its hanging a valve open, or not allowing the valve to open? Any good way to definitively check that? compression test maybe?

Thanks for the ideas! Its very much appreciated.

Tuner
    Is the engine missing at all. I just pulled my hair out for a day on a car I was tuning and after chasing my tail around found we had two bad coils on bank one. Traced it down by pulling plugs and found 1 and 3 were black and 5 and 7 were almost clean. They would fire when they were cold but would mess up as soon as the got warm. I swapped coils to other side to verify issue. problem followed coils to the other bank when moved.

Potential Tuner
    I got a 08 5.3 was saying rich an lean bank 2 I spun rod bearings so bored it .30 turned crank .10 224r tsp cam all deletes long tubes bigger springs push rods lifters an 3200 stall just had cam at first now I did the rest this time I'm fixing to put it back in with hopes of it. Not doing the same stuff any info will help