Thread: 2015 l83 timing

Tuner in Training

2015 l83 timing

2015 l83. Truck is right where we are commanding with fuel at 12.8 wot. Fuel trims part throttle are dialed in. Med and High VVT tables have been changed to the same as the low baro. WOT VVT is stock.
    Airmass A,B,C and D have been upped 5%. All spark adders tables are stock. Iat spark has been relaxed slightly. High octane has had 1* added in the .68-.78 range and there are no signs of knock throughout the run in 3rd. Truck holds 18* and goes up to about 22* in the higher rpms. How much timing are most of you guys getting on 93 fuel. Is 22 about where people call it safe. I haven?t pushed it to the point of getting kr yet because I am just curious where people are typically falling at with the high compression and leaner afr gen 5 stuff. Truck has longtubes and a air intake.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you ideally would need to be on a dyno and see where are torque starts leveling off
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    can you give me more info on increasing Airmass A,B,C and D ? what does this do?

Tuner in Training
    Agreed. Was just trying to make sure 22ish wasn’t pushing too far on pump 93. But yes a dyno would help some we plan on going to the track here soon.