Thread: RaceRender With GoPro Karma Drone With Hero 5 or 6 Camera - Can't Get It To Work

Potential Tuner

RaceRender With GoPro Karma Drone With Hero 5 or 6 Camera - Can't Get It To Work

In their Quik app I can get it to work but limited to the size of one video file.

In RaceRender I either get a runtime error importing the video / gps file or all the gauges never show any readings.

Looking at the GPS file using another product I note it has lots of fields with Karma in the name e.g. GoPro Karma v1.0:BPOS[0] (deg) with a value like 50.785739

I assumed the output would be the same as if you were using the camera stand-a-lone but perhaps not?

Will this work with RaceRender or am I just doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Potential Tuner
    I have a Go Pro Hero 6. My experience with using it in a dashcam scenario is that about 50% of the video that I took (with GPS enabled) fails to load within either Quik or Race Render. In RR I get a GPS dat file followed by a -161 error. On the other 50%, RR works really well and the resulting video is great.

My experience is that if you cant see the Gauges on a file in Quik then the equivalent function in RR will also fail. Conclusion => the GoPro firmware is unstable and full of bugs.