Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSA G8/ Way too much at once/ help!

LSA G8/ Way too much at once/ help!

Been running with-Cammed built 370 with all the reg bolt ons...kooks 1&7/8, 2.5 exhaust, etc.

Just added LSA, 9.55 lower, ID1000s, twin walbro 450 returnless with Vaporworx(Pressureworx) MAP referenced controller, and topped it off with a LS7 MAF(Swapped pink and black wires already)!

So I just upgraded the ECM to the 2 bar OS and added all of the wonderful parts listed above.

OK here are some things I have done that I believe I got right.
    1)Updated MAP #s for the 3 bar sensor (12592525) Linear 312.50/Offset -11.25
    2)Extended the VE to 255KPA for later (running MAF only first for tuning then will get to building a VE)
    3)Set Dynamic Air to 100 Disable and 0 re-enable to run MAF only (Im in MD and I believe emissions will catch the failed MAF if I was to do SD)

Where I need help
    1)Fueling and injector data/I have attached the tune and ID's excel sheet with the data. It is a MAP referenced controler at about 65 PSI at idle.
    A) For Flow Rate vs Press KPA I found the Flow rate for 65 PSI on ID's Excel sheet is about 122 lb/h. I halved that to 61 and copied it to the entire flow rate vs pressure table.
    B) Then I doubled Stoich
    C) I set the entire Min Inj Pulse table to .125
    D) Set Short Pulse Limit to 3.000 ms
    E) Don't know what to do about the Short Pulse Adder table because none of the charts on the Excel sheet match?

Does the fueling and injector data look right and anything else I might be missing to get me started?
    Rowe 08 G8 2 BAR OS new starting point - MAP cal, Inj Data, Enable flex, MAF only, disable PE fo.hpt
    ID1000_GM_HPTuners.xls
    Last edited by ProFire; 05-16-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Why did you not run MAF and VVE? The stock OS is more than capable. 2 BAR not needed in your case
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Well.....I did not know the vve went to 300 kpa but I do now. Didnt even bother checking. I just thought that the upgrade had to be there for a reason. Now I believe I'm stuck with with it right!?

Did you half the IVT terms too?

That is part of the double stoich method as well.

The 2 BAR OS is great, if you can run it it's always a great idea. Having the boost eq ratio and regular VE tables is great. You still have to populate your VE tables though. They are blank at the moment. Also disable desoot mode under the fuel tab.

I believe the short pulse adder will be the first one on that data sheet. The axis numbers aren't exact but they are very close to the table given in HP Tuners.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I did not half the IVT terms. I will . Where is the desoot mode located? It's a disable enable? I must be blind.
    Also I have not filled in the VE yet but will that effect how the car runs if I'm on MAF only? I was hoping to get to it later.

And thanks for all the help

Well maybe I just need to update my HP tuner software because it's not there.

Thanks for the pic! Without it I probably would have just kept looking

The VE still has to be populated, it's still used for all transient fueling even if you are "trying" to run in MAF only. Copy over the stock VVE data. Use an excel program to swap the axis around and paste it in there.

MAF only is never just MAF only.

Read post 5 for the VVE to VE.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...634#post520634
    Last edited by 5FDP; 05-16-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Good to know. I will be getting on that in the AM
    Sounds like I'm on the right track now.

Potential Tuner
    I did a lsa swap on a g8. Stock motor ctsv charger n injectors, 3 bar map,stock g8 throttle body, zl1 lid, I couldn't write to the stock Ecu for some reason. I swapped a 14 Camaro ecu in the car n now it runs n I can write to it. Do u have a tune file that I can use to get this thing running n drivable.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ProFire View Post
    Been running with-Cammed built 370 with all the reg bolt ons...kooks 1&7/8, 2.5 exhaust, etc.

Just added LSA, 9.55 lower, ID1000s, twin walbro 450 returnless with Vaporworx(Pressureworx) MAP referenced controller, and topped it off with a LS7 MAF(Swapped pink and black wires already)!

So I just upgraded the ECM to the 2 bar OS and added all of the wonderful parts listed above.

OK here are some things I have done that I believe I got right.
    1)Updated MAP #s for the 3 bar sensor (12592525) Linear 312.50/Offset -11.25
    2)Extended the VE to 255KPA for later (running MAF only first for tuning then will get to building a VE)
    3)Set Dynamic Air to 100 Disable and 0 re-enable to run MAF only (Im in MD and I believe emissions will catch the failed MAF if I was to do SD)

Where I need help
    1)Fueling and injector data/I have attached the tune and ID's excel sheet with the data. It is a MAP referenced controler at about 65 PSI at idle.
    A) For Flow Rate vs Press KPA I found the Flow rate for 65 PSI on ID's Excel sheet is about 122 lb/h. I halved that to 61 and copied it to the entire flow rate vs pressure table.
    B) Then I doubled Stoich
    C) I set the entire Min Inj Pulse table to .125
    D) Set Short Pulse Limit to 3.000 ms
    E) Don't know what to do about the Short Pulse Adder table because none of the charts on the Excel sheet match?

Does the fueling and injector data look right and anything else I might be missing to get me started?
    Rowe 08 G8 2 BAR OS new starting point - MAP cal, Inj Data, Enable flex, MAF only, disable PE fo.hpt
    ID1000_GM_HPTuners.xls
    Just curious, why did you "Swap pink and black wires" on the MAF? I just put a LS3/LS7 card style MAF in a 5" tube for my 2007 Yukon Denali LSA build (also E38)... I separated my MAF wires to move the IAT to IAT2 on the blower but wondering if I will need to also swapped pink and black wires.

Quote Originally Posted by 67RS427 View Post
    Just curious, why did you "Swap pink and black wires" on the MAF? I just put a LS3/LS7 card style MAF in a 5" tube for my 2007 Yukon Denali LSA build (also E38)... I separated my MAF wires to move the IAT to IAT2 on the blower but wondering if I will need to also swapped pink and black wires.
    SmartSelect_20180518-104034_Chrome.jpg

Ground and ignition V changes pins

Sorry, my file won't even be close to what you need.

Tuner in Training
    SmartSelect_20180518-104034_Chrome.jpg

Ground and ignition V changes pins
    Thanks for the info... I just double checked my pin outs on AllData and looks like the truck E38 MAF is the same as the LS7 so no wire switching for me.

Here are my notes.

* your Offset vs. Press. vs. IGNV table isn't right.
    * your Short Pulse Adder table isn't right.
    * half your AFR Term table and Fuel Density table as others have mentioned.
    * Disable Desoot mode.
    * your target and minimum idle speeds don't match up.
    * modified MAP values for are correct.
    * your PE settings will need to change to accommodate the blower.
    * your spark is pretty high, I would have the values from ~0.8 g/cyl on up.

I think 65psi idle fuel is too high, I run 43psi idle on mine, which what was suggested for the boost referenced version, gives it some headroom to up the pressure under boost. The way you have it fuel pressure would be 75psi @ 10 lbs of boost, flow probably won't be that great up that high. I have ID850s and a TVS1900 and running MAF only, so really similar setup to yours, feel free to take a look at my tune and work through yours.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Thanks for the notes. I will be back at it this week. Was on OC MD for Car show weekend. Didnt get to take the car but hope to have it ready for the next event.

I was thinking the fuel pressure was too high also. When the hobbs switch kicks in and the car is in boost the pressure gets up there. But I do have -8an fuel line as well

Quote Originally Posted by 67RS427 View Post
    Thanks for the info... I just double checked my pin outs on AllData and looks like the truck E38 MAF is the same as the LS7 so no wire switching for me.
    Glad you got it worked out

Thanks for the notes. I will be back at it this week. Was on OC MD for Car show weekend. Didnt get to take the car but hope to have it ready for the next event.

I was thinking the fuel pressure was too high also. When the hobbs switch kicks in and the car is in boost the pressure gets up there. But I do have -8an fuel line as well
    Your line may be able to handle the flow, but take a look at how your pumps flow at that pressure.

Walbro-F90000267-400lph-flowrates-chart-650.jpg
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Quote Originally Posted by Niemer View Post
    Your line may be able to handle the flow, but take a look at how your pumps flow at that pressure.

Walbro-F90000267-400lph-flowrates-chart-650.jpg
    When scaling the injectors some people are halving the engine displacement. Is this necessary as well? I already halved IVT, Flow, fuel density and doubled stoich.

Maybe for something more than a 50% scale? But I've never heard of doing that.