Thread: Big Turbo Ecoboost Mustang, Aftermarket Boost Controller

Tuner in Training

Big Turbo Ecoboost Mustang, Aftermarket Boost Controller

Hey All,
    I've tuned dozens of big and small turbo ecoboost cars with Cobb, I will be tuning my first Ecoboost Mustang on HPtuners this week. I have never seen an ecoboost car with an aftermarket boost controller, however the shop that built this car is using AEM Truboost and has left the oem EBCS plugged in and tied away. Anyone have any experience with this? I foresee fighting all kinds of issues...

You don't need a aftermarked boost controler. you can set the boost with the limiters, torque and wastegate tables.
    BTW: are you famillar with Accestuner Pro software?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    You don't need a aftermarked boost controler. you can set the boost with the limiters, torque and wastegate tables.
    BTW: are you famillar with Accestuner Pro software?
    Yes I'm very familiar with Accesstuner. I've tuned many Ecoboost cars with Accesstuner, including big turbo cars. I know you do not need an aftermarket boost controller, but this shop has built this car using an aftermarket controller and is firm on wanting to use it.

I also have the Accestuner Pro software, but its different to HP-Tuners. COBB is very quiet to help with the software. I'm very interested to learn much more. also remote tuning. Can you help? Can you tell me, what tables are important and what table I need to adjust for tuning Ecoboost cars like Mustang and Focus. I saw more the 24 PID's are not possible to log. but this 24 PID's seems enough for other Protuners to get running the car.
    If you like, you can contact me [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Did it work out? I had someone ask about similar. I was guessing just max limits in the tune so it won't close the throttle and let the TruBoost do its thing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Did it work out? I had someone ask about similar. I was guessing just max limits in the tune so it won't close the throttle and let the TruBoost do its thing.
    Not sure yet. Car gets the laptop on the 30th. They had some fuel problems that needed to be worked out. I'm pretty much having the same thought. We will see how it goes!

Tuner in Training
    I also have the Accestuner Pro software, but its different to HP-Tuners. COBB is very quiet to help with the software. I'm very interested to learn much more. also remote tuning. Can you help? Can you tell me, what tables are important and what table I need to adjust for tuning Ecoboost cars like Mustang and Focus. I saw more the 24 PID's are not possible to log. but this 24 PID's seems enough for other Protuners to get running the car.
    If you like, you can contact me [email protected]
    Don't know anything about the remote tuning, but tuning ecoboost cars is SO easy on Accesstuner. Start with a Cobb OTS map that most closely matches the mods of the car, they already raise all the load limits for you so all you have to focus on is boost, timing, and fuel. Power demand and Power demand threshold you will want to dial in for fuel. Borderline timing tables for spark, make them all the same for ease of tuning, same concept as HP tuners. and You'll probably have to raise the MBT tables as you'll hit a limit eventually. For stock turbo cars I like to use the OEM boost control system. For big turbo cars I'll use WGDC strategy mode 6, this uses Cobb custom code, bypasses the OEM boost system, and allows you to build a WGDC map from scratch. That's how simple it is with Cobb lol Just monitor boost, afr, timing, spark source, IGN corrections 1-4, and some other basics. They have a good tuning guide on their website for Accesstuner.

where to find the WGDC strategy mode 6?

Tuner in Training
    Figured I'd come back for an official update. Used the OEM boost control system, car made a healthy amount of power. Had absolutely no boost control with the aftermarket system. 845D9AC5-A910-49F9-BC53-0FF6BBD178CE.jpg

Tuner in Training
    where to find the WGDC strategy mode 6?
    Did you still want some help with the ecoboost systems?

Get anywhere with this, I have a 2013 Fusion 2.0 and will have a 17 Sport 2.7 in April. Been tuning with Cobb for three years now, wish they supported the 17 18 Sport, but so far I think I can make HP's platform work very nice with it.

Also I,m gonna guess that dyno sheet is for a 2.3 eco ?