Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok! Went to see updated site, can?t buy anything. What?s up?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborino View Post
    So can we upgrade to the pro licenses if we purchase the standard MPVI2 suite?

Will the pro licenses be released at a later date than the MPVI2 standard suite?

To wait or not to wait, that is my question. Thanks!
    Yes, there is only one MPVI2 hardware - you can purchase the Pro Feature Set at any time once it becomes available.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    From what I understand, they are taking the latest Beta, as well as new hardware support software and releasing it as 4.0 for the MPVI2 hardware. I have not heard what they will do with the legacy hardware release but would assume the next public release will be 3.8.

Ed M
    The next general release will be VCM Suite 4.0, it will support both MPVI and MPVI2.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Is standalone data logging still limited to GM vehicles with the MPVI2 or does the MPVI2 do away with standalone (I am guessing there is no standalone capability as the module has no activation button)?
    No standalone logging on GM E80 as of last year when I asked. Missing a very handy feature.

Are you able to say if the pro licenses will cost more if purchased separately at a later date than at the time of the original purchase of the hardware?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, there is only one MPVI2 hardware - you can purchase the Pro Feature Set at any time once it becomes available.
    Chris: need clarification, please: are you saying if we purchase the MPVI2 suite now it will not be the pro version and will not work with external items, such as air/fuel input? If true, why would someone purchase now rather than wait until capable of external inputs like the old set up? Confused...what am I not understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by 2018 ZL1 M6 View Post
    Chris: need clarification, please: are you saying if we purchase the MPVI2 suite now it will not be the pro version and will not work with external items, such as air/fuel input? If true, why would someone purchase now rather than wait until capable of external inputs like the old set up? Confused...what am I not understanding?
    As I understand it: One piece of hardware that works with or without the pro feature set. It doesnt matter if you buy the hardware now or later because its just a software unlock to use the pro features that can be purchased at any time

Quote Originally Posted by 2018 ZL1 M6 View Post
    If you have an existing MPVI Pro and use the features of the Pro Feature Set, you wouldn't upgrade until those features are available on MPVI2.

We will allow people who purchase an MPVI2 (to use alongside their existing MPVI Pro) to return their MPVI Pro at a later date to combine the licenses and receive the Pro Feature Set at no charge. This and other further detailed information will be made available next week.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    If you have an existing MPVI Pro and use the features of the Pro Feature Set, you wouldn't upgrade until those features are available on MPVI2.

We will allow people who purchase an MPVI2 (to use alongside their existing MPVI Pro) to return their MPVI Pro at a later date to combine the licenses and receive the Pro Feature Set at no charge. This and other further detailed information will be made available next week.
    With that type of exchange policy it is hard to resist the upgrade.

Tuner in Training
    So will the current version MPVI2 that is available still attach to WBO2 and gathered data to be used in tuning or is there a temporary gap in capabilities until the MPVI2 PRO comes available. ?? looking to buy all of this and everything has changed, Confused about this simple question.
    Last edited by Doug Doty; 07-29-2018 at 06:26 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Doty View Post
    So will the current version MPVI2 that is available still attach to WBO2 and gathered data to be used in tuning or is there a temporary gap in capabilities until the MPVI2 PRO comes available. ?? looking to buy all of this and everything has changed, Confused about this simple question.
    If your vehicle is equipped with widebands from the factory such as late model Mustangs you can still log those pids without issue with the mpvi2.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    There's always MY way ... ( spoken like the voice from the Haunted Mansion ). As long as you are 2008 or later ( or CAN based ), that is

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    There's always MY way ... ( spoken like the voice from the Haunted Mansion ). As long as you are 2008 or later ( or CAN based ), that is
    And what's your way lol

Advanced Tuner
    I did the original work on the AEM 30-0334 wideband that interfaces to HPTuners directly, via the OBDII port. But, that only works with CAN based ECUs ( 2008 and later, and a few 2006-2007 models ). For now, the best way to get wideband data, until the expansion hubs are ready. Even after that