Thread: Have to lift to shift

Have to lift to shift

Can someone help me out here?? I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. truck is just a simple 4.8 bolt on truck, single turbo, 4l80e 3800stall. truck shifted fine when I first tuned it, now I have to lift to shift from 1 to 2, and 2 to 3. I'm stumped here. ive tried so many different things, I jest went back my solid tune that was working before and driving it normalish for now until I figure this out. TIA turbo truck.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Have a log of it not shifting?

no, I don't have a file for all the pids made, so I just haven't done it. I did command the shifts with the scanner, and it shifts, but it seems very delayed to me. I expected it to shift immediately, when commanded, but it really took like 2 seconds before it did. no slipping that I can feel, it pulls like a freight train.

I'm thinking I may lower all the wot mph shift points like 15mph and see where that lands me, I just hate hitting the rev limiter so much.

Tuner in Training
    I'd log it, but lowering the mph points cant hurt. Of course at WOT you should be more then likely hitting the wot rpm shift points.
    Might also log it with throttle position as you might not be hitting your TP for WOT number. Cable throttle can stretch, move ect and prevent you from getting there.

DBW with 102 nw and drx.

Tuner in Training
    Cool. I just took it for granted as it was cable.

I wish it was. biggest mistake I made.
    so I dropped the shifts all 15 mph, and the down shifts, still no up shift for 2 or 3, but the down shifts def changed. I know this is in the tune somewhere, just gotta find it. Sucks having to lift to shift.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    higher converter stalls are a pain in the ass because they are designed to basically camp out at high rpm and pull until mph comes up. record mph and rpm and adjust shift points accordingly.
    you can play with tcc in higher gears as well.

erm has a transmission tuning deal contact ED if you are interested in it.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I was hitting 65mph and 7250rpm in first... I'm wondering if I'm having a fluid issue. I adjusted mph to 35 and rpm to 5500 and still no upshift from first. I couldn't try 3rd because it's raining..lol

Was the sprag btw..