Thread: Tuning while under factory warranty

Question Tuning while under factory warranty

I know if you tune a vehicle while under factoy warranty, it'll be void.

But...If you flash the factory tune back in the PCM before retuning for service, can that still be detected?

Im learing to tune, and I am very eager to change some parameters. The sloppy shifts need some attention.

They can still see everything. Not what you changed previously but they can see that it has been flashed/changed.

On anything new GM this is the case. Not sure what ford/dodge is like but I'd think it's something similar.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

if you are savvy enough and know how to write custom firmware, you can take care of the flash counter stored in the protected memory area. Haven't bothered to see where on chevy it is but on imports and some euro they use a 33aa66 bios chip to store match keys data, immo, vin and flash count which should be zero since first write is done by laser.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Always assume if they look hard enough they can find its been modified. Gotta pay to play right? Not really fair if you blow up your engine, take out the tune and blame it on the car maker lol.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I know on the diesels for GM that they look pretty close and can see a history of flashing. Given that it is web based they know exactly what is in the vehicle and the last software that was installed. Only work around in my opinion is to have a separate ECM/PCM/TCM to swap and if there is an issue put the factory modules back in. We had some that we would deny claims on for nothing more than non factory tires.

Ok, thanks so much for everyone's replys.
    Im glad I haven't touched it yet.

Just sucks cause I literally just bought HP Tunes and excited to start using it lol.