Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading the MPVI Pro to the New MPVI2 Pro

Potential Tuner

Upgrading the MPVI Pro to the New MPVI2 Pro

So what will the process be to Upgrade our MPVI Pro to the NEW MPVI2 Pro so that we can retain all of our existing credits?

Also in for info.

The process will be announced very soon, it is basically identical to MPVI1 upgrades/replacements. All your existing licenses will transfer.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Just PM'd you Chris.

Glad I waited. Can't wait to use this. Have the Bluetooth on another scanner and it is great. Although you have to remember to unplug it. Just as a side note it might be worthwhile to have the feature my scanner has and that when you close the software or get out of the scanning it give you a big warning screen and alarm to remember to remove the dongle.

Are we there yet??

Stand alone data logging? Will it work for Ford?

Taking the first generation MPVI, to the next level, with our Pro Feature Set allowing you to log your vehicle without a laptop (vehicle dependent)

Advanced Tuner
    I asked the same question.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post525676

Per the product site, stand alone will still be vehicle dependent.
    https://www.hptuners.com/product/mpvi2/

"PRO FEATURES
    Taking the first generation MPVI, to the next level, with our Pro Feature Set allowing you to log your vehicle without a laptop (vehicle dependent), Expandable Internal Memory to store your calibration and log files, Bluetooth? connectivity for your laptop or mobile device and proprietary Expander Hub ready for analog / digital / voltage sensor and device inputs."

Advanced Tuner
    This might seem like a odd ball "what if" question, but I can see it happening.

What happens if:

- You have unlimited vehicle licenses for a few model years, and maybe a few credits to go for a few other model years
    - You turn in your MPVI pro to upgrade to the new MPVI2
    - Your credits are converted to universal type credits;

Do you:
    - Keep your unlimited Model Year licenses?
    - Do you retain your upgrade path credits? eg 1 more credit unlock 2012, and maybe 3 more for 2013
    - When you do what to say spend that 1 credit to unlock to unlock 2012, do you buy a universal a universal credit for the MPVI2, or do you have to buy the corresponding GM/Ford/Dodge credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    This might seem like a odd ball "what if" question, but I can see it happening.

What happens if:

- You have unlimited vehicle licenses for a few model years, and maybe a few credits to go for a few other model years
    - You turn in your MPVI pro to upgrade to the new MPVI2
    - Your credits are converted to universal type credits;

Do you:
    - Keep your unlimited Model Year licenses?
    - Do you retain your upgrade path credits? eg 1 more credit unlock 2012, and maybe 3 more for 2013
    - When you do what to say spend that 1 credit to unlock to unlock 2012, do you buy a universal a universal credit for the MPVI2, or do you have to buy the corresponding GM/Ford/Dodge credit?
    This and this.

All your existing licenses and upgrade paths transfer over.

Your existing credits used and total become universal credits.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

after we upgrade will our Gen1 boxes become broken or can we still use them?

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    after we upgrade will our Gen1 boxes become broken or can we still use them?
    There are 3 possibilities:
    1. send in your old MPVI Standard and upgrade to MPVI2 ($189)
    2. send in your old MPVI Pro and upgrade to MPVI2 ($189) also includes Pro Feature Set at no extra charge
    3. purchase MPVI2 ($299) to use alongside your MPVI Pro, once you are satisfied the MPVI2 meets your requirements return your MPVI Pro and consolidate all licenses, credits etc. to the MPVI2 and receive the Pro Feature Set (no charge)

In every scenario you return your existing MPVI Pro or Standard interface to us (unless you decide to buy and MPVI2 and keep your old MPVI as well).
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There are 3 possibilities:
    1. send in your old MPVI Standard and upgrade to MPVI2 ($189)
    2. send in your old MPVI Pro and upgrade to MPVI2 ($189) also includes Pro Feature Set at no extra charge
    3. purchase MPVI2 ($299) to use alongside your MPVI Pro, once you are satisfied the MPVI2 meets your requirements return your MPVI Pro and consolidate all licenses, credits etc. to the MPVI2 and receive the Pro Feature Set (no charge)

In every scenario you return your existing MPVI Pro or Standard interface to us (unless you decide to buy and MPVI2 and keep your old MPVI as well).

Thats a steal. Any idea when MPVI2 will be availble?

Slight confusion as to upgrade.
    I have the standard and want to upgrade when available to the MPVI2 PRO. Is that the $249? Or is it the upgrade of $189 to the new unit and then another $249 upgrade to PRO? For a total of $438.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Slight confusion as to upgrade.
    I have the standard and want to upgrade when available to the MPVI2 PRO. Is that the $249? Or is it the upgrade of $189 to the new unit and then another $249 upgrade to PRO? For a total of $438.
    There is only one MPVI2, to upgrade to it is $189. If you upgraded an MPVI Pro you will receive the Pro Feature Set for free, if not you need to purchase that separately for $249. (the Pro Feature Set is not available at initial release).
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Sorry if this has been asked or for my confusion!! If I send in my MPVI to upgrade.. Will my remaining 4 credits be applied to the MPVI2 when I receive It? And I won't need to purchase any credits to keep tuning my current licensed vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked or for my confusion!! If I send in my MPVI to upgrade.. Will my remaining 4 credits be applied to the MPVI2 when I receive It? And I won't need to purchase any credits to keep tuning my current licensed vehicles?
    Yes when upgrading everything will get transferred over

Potential Tuner
    Will this be on a 1st come first serve bases or will there be a separate amount reserved for people to upgrade.

Is there any information on how the external sensors (wideband for example) hook up to the MPVI2 ?