Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Upgrading the MPVI Pro to the New MPVI2 Pro

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    It will cost $189 to upgrade if you return your interface to us at the time of upgrade.
    If you are telling me I can send you my interface and $189 and I can tune all of the cars I currently have paid for it will be in the mail, but other people at HPT are saying otherwise. I dont understand how you can make licenses available to new customers, but you couldnt supply me with a key code to allow me to continue working with the credits ive had since you guys first released your product!
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    If you are telling me I can send you my interface and $189 and I can tune all of the cars I currently have paid for it will be in the mail, but other people at HPT are saying otherwise. I dont understand how you can make licenses available to new customers, but you couldnt supply me with a key code to allow me to continue working with the credits ive had since you guys first released your product!
    When we allow upgrades from MPVI Pro/Std to MPVI2 you will be able to do exactly this. We haven't announced upgrades yet.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    ok im confused as well I have the old standard unit, I want to upgrade to the pro so do I spend the 189 to upgrade then 249 on top of it for the pro? or do I send in my old unit, pay 249 and purchase the pro. then once the pro update is out I just update the software on the standard to the pro?

Senior Tuner
    When we allow upgrades from MPVI Pro/Std to MPVI2 you will be able to do exactly this. We haven't announced upgrades yet.

Chris...
    Ok then so the burning question for those of us who cant WORK now, why havent you yet? Seems prudent to have all this stuff setup and ready to go when you switched site and everything up

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Ok then so the burning question for those of us who cant WORK now, why havent you yet? Seems prudent to have all this stuff setup and ready to go when you switched site and everything up
    I'm obviously missing something here, why can't you work did you already send in your old interface by mistake?

We didn't launch upgrades at the same time because our shipping department is swamped with new orders and we couldn't guarantee a reasonable turnaround time. So we took a decision to have some folks complain that they couldn't upgrade yet vs. everyone complaining about sending their interface in expecting 1-2 days turnaround when it was likely going to be 10+ days. Instead we gave existing customers the option to purchase a new MPVI2 using both interfaces until they were comfortable to send in their old MPVI and we sync the licenses with no downtime. We don't have 20 people in our shipping department, we are a small company.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    ok im confused as well I have the old standard unit, I want to upgrade to the pro so do I spend the 189 to upgrade then 249 on top of it for the pro? or do I send in my old unit, pay 249 and purchase the pro. then once the pro update is out I just update the software on the standard to the pro?
    You send in your old MPVI Std and upgrade to MPVI2 for $189 (when we announce it). Then at any time you can purchase the Pro feature set if you want it (again once we annouce it). There is no need to send back your MPVI2, its an online update.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Hi got a few questions
    Whats would be the go for this situation,
    I have a Pro and a Standard unit, I'd like to play with the new version, but i still need want to log external parameters. and minimize downtime,
    If i sent my std version off now and paid the $189us I believe i could still use the pro mvpi until such time that the external inputs come on the scene.
    what is the freight cost to Aus return
    whats the process to get all my pro interface licenses transferred over at a later date, when external parameters are available?
    Is there a option for sending to for the upgrade in Australia ? lasts time I had mine pro replaced the return freight was charged at $101.50 us for postage and i felt ripped as it cost $30 us to ship it there.

Senior Tuner
    I'm obviously missing something here, why can't you work did you already send in your old interface by mistake?

We didn't launch upgrades at the same time because our shipping department is swamped with new orders and we couldn't guarantee a reasonable turnaround time. So we took a decision to have some folks complain that they couldn't upgrade yet vs. everyone complaining about sending their interface in expecting 1-2 days turnaround when it was likely going to be 10+ days. Instead we gave existing customers the option to purchase a new MPVI2 using both interfaces until they were comfortable to send in their old MPVI and we sync the licenses with no downtime. We don't have 20 people in our shipping department, we are a small company.

Because I cant chance doing write entires because the fault in my unit has already lost comms and bricked 2-3 ecus in the last few weeks TRYING to get customers taken care of, And its hard to keep it perfectly still while pulling out files for new tunes, so Im pretty much limited to things I already have base files for - I can chance holding it still for 20-40 seconds at a time if it doesnt flash properly I can always try again no harm no foul with those... but the majority of my business is guy bringing me a turbo red/blue PCM need to reflash entire setup for flex fuel type etc etc etc. Had to can alot of those appts so far. So no you know LOL

You gave the option to purchase a new interface... well Im not buying unlimited vehicle licences again to use that interface in the meantime. If I could buy one and you could send me a key code and I had access to my licenses that would have made perfect sense but thats not what your doing. Seems to me like youd want to take care of the guys that have dropped $6-14,000 with you over the years prior to the hobbyist thats buying one unit to tune one car at his leisure is all

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Because I cant chance doing write entires because the fault in my unit has already lost comms and bricked 2-3 ecus in the last few weeks TRYING to get customers taken care of, And its hard to keep it perfectly still while pulling out files for new tunes, so Im pretty much limited to things I already have base files for - I can chance holding it still for 20-40 seconds at a time if it doesnt flash properly I can always try again no harm no foul with those... but the majority of my business is guy bringing me a turbo red/blue PCM need to reflash entire setup for flex fuel type etc etc etc. Had to can alot of those appts so far. So no you know LOL

You gave the option to purchase a new interface... well Im not buying unlimited vehicle licences again to use that interface in the meantime. If I could buy one and you could send me a key code and I had access to my licenses that would have made perfect sense but thats not what your doing. Seems to me like youd want to take care of the guys that have dropped $6-14,000 with you over the years prior to the hobbyist thats buying one unit to tune one car at his leisure is all
    Ok i understand now, thanks. Unfortunately we can't transfer the existing licenses over until we receive the old unit and not until we enable MPVI2 upgrades. I believe our support staff have another option for you that they will discuss directly.

Again, i'm sorry you are having this experience, it seems like just bad timing for the issue to arise given we are so close to announcing the upgrades and you want to handle it all in one go which is completely understandable.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by 80gus View Post
    Hi got a few questions
    Whats would be the go for this situation,
    I have a Pro and a Standard unit, I'd like to play with the new version, but i still need want to log external parameters. and minimize downtime,
    If i sent my std version off now and paid the $189us I believe i could still use the pro mvpi until such time that the external inputs come on the scene.
    what is the freight cost to Aus return
    whats the process to get all my pro interface licenses transferred over at a later date, when external parameters are available?
    Is there a option for sending to for the upgrade in Australia ? lasts time I had mine pro replaced the return freight was charged at $101.50 us for postage and i felt ripped as it cost $30 us to ship it there.
    It will be possible to upgrade your MPVI Std to MPVI2 via VCM Performance our Australian dealer most likely end of next week. The upgrade will be processed locally by them to avoid shipping to US.

If you want to then send in your other MPVI Pro later and combine it all into the single MPVI2 that will be done free of charge, all you need to do is send in the MPVI Pro and the licenses and credits will be transferred to your MPVI2.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    It will be possible to upgrade your MPVI Std to MPVI2 via VCM Performance our Australian dealer most likely end of next week. The upgrade will be processed locally by them to avoid shipping to US.

If you want to then send in your other MPVI Pro later and combine it all into the single MPVI2 that will be done free of charge, all you need to do is send in the MPVI Pro and the licenses and credits will be transferred to your MPVI2.
    Oh that's great news Chris thanks for the reply.

Chris, I have skimmed this thread and this may have been touched on, but wanted to ask to be clear.

I already own a MVPI Pro, and am going to upgrade once the option becomes available. However, I would like to ease into the MVPI 2 by purchasing it new as is currently available, and use it until the upgrade path becomes open.

My question. If I license some of my current vehicles with the MVPI2, having already licensed them with the MVPI 1, what happens to these 'duplicate' credits once I send in the MVPI and upgrade my MVPI2?

I see that is has been said to use the old MVPI to tune vehicles already licensed, and the MVPI2 to license further vehicles and they will all merge once you roll it over, but am curious as to what happens if I license a few vehicles with both during the transition process/time.

Thank You!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Chris, I have skimmed this thread and this may have been touched on, but wanted to ask to be clear.

I already own a MVPI Pro, and am going to upgrade once the option becomes available. However, I would like to ease into the MVPI 2 by purchasing it new as is currently available, and use it until the upgrade path becomes open.

My question. If I license some of my current vehicles with the MVPI2, having already licensed them with the MVPI 1, what happens to these 'duplicate' credits once I send in the MVPI and upgrade my MVPI2?

I see that is has been said to use the old MVPI to tune vehicles already licensed, and the MVPI2 to license further vehicles and they will all merge once you roll it over, but am curious as to what happens if I license a few vehicles with both during the transition process/time.

Thank You!
    I believe the vehicle will simply be licensed twice once you combine. We won't make any complex check for duplicates.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Glad I waited. Can't wait to use this. Have the Bluetooth on another scanner and it is great. Although you have to remember to unplug it. Just as a side note it might be worthwhile to have the feature my scanner has and that when you close the software or get out of the scanning it give you a big warning screen and alarm to remember to remove the dongle.
    Why do you have to remove the dongle?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by KFXGUY View Post
    Why do you have to remove the dongle?
    Guessing so the customer doesn't leave with it.

Tuner in Training
    What's up with the upgrade process??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jae30001 View Post
    What's up with the upgrade process??
    Hasn't changed since launch

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Now-Available
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"