Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading the MPVI Pro to the New MPVI2 Pro

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There is only one MPVI2, to upgrade to it is $189. If you upgraded an MPVI Pro you will receive the Pro Feature Set for free, if not you need to purchase that separately for $249. (the Pro Feature Set is not available at initial release).
    I just trying to wrap my head around all this. Pay for the upgrade $189+ shipping, send my old interface back to you +shipping, for an interface that wont have the the Pro Feature Set available at initial release?... Turn around time for all this?. Sounds more like i need to keep my old one, least it works.

Senior Tuner
    Can those of us with broken V1 interfaces get first in line, real ETA or something?

Or can you just fix this interface under warranty so i can go back to work, I think this will be the third time Ive had to send it back and its cost me around $2500 already in appts Ive had to cancel
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    If im reading correctly i can return my MPVI pro and get and MPVI2 PRO for 189?

Also and oddball question. Are VIN changes still limited?
    Example i have a 24x 0411 PCM swapped LT1. Would HPT be able to write in my LT1 VIN to an LS pcm?

Advanced Tuner
    And the second half of my questions?

There are no changes to the VIN change capability as far as i'm aware.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    I have a standard and a pro version. Could I upgrade my standard MPVI unit to MPVI2 and when the pro features is out send in my Pro MPVI unit and add those licences to the MPVI2 and get the pro features?

Quote Originally Posted by TDolly View Post
    I have a standard and a pro version. Could I upgrade my standard MPVI unit to MPVI2 and when the pro features is out send in my Pro MPVI unit and add those licences to the MPVI2 and get the pro features?
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...dead-horse-but

Quote Originally Posted by TDolly View Post
    Yes you can, the upgrade from MPVI Std to MPVI2 is $189. Then the best thing to do will be to contact us (support) later to arrange the return and merge of your MPVI Pro with your MPVI2. We will also add the Pro Feature set to your MPVI2 at that time.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Yes you can, the upgrade from MPVI Std to MPVI2 is $189. Then the best thing to do will be to contact us (support) later to arrange the return and merge of your MPVI Pro with your MPVI2. We will also add the Pro Feature set to your MPVI2 at that time.
    Awesome thanks guys!

Potential Tuner
    Ok? I knew this.

What I was asking was if I could merge my MPVI standard unit and my Pro unit into 1 MPVI2 unit, so I only have to send my Standard Unit in now to get the MPVI2 and then when the Pro features come out send in my pro unit and merge it with the MPVI2 unit and get the pro features set.

Tuner in Training
    when upgrading the mpvi pro to the mpvi2, you get the pro feature set for free, but what about the analog input expander hub?
    when it comes available will we have to buy that separately at additional cost, or will it be included in the pro upgrade?
    2008 Ford F250 Lariat

2008 Corvette Z51 M6, Kooks LT, Corsa Performance, Vararam

Quote Originally Posted by shmo925 View Post
    when upgrading the mpvi pro to the mpvi2, you get the pro feature set for free, but what about the analog input expander hub?
    when it comes available will we have to buy that separately at additional cost, or will it be included in the pro upgrade?
    it's not included in the upgrade, we haven't announced the pricing yet.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    it's not included in the upgrade, we haven't announced the pricing yet.

is there a ETA on a release date yet?

Pretty excited about the upgrade
    Too many unfinished projects

Advanced Tuner
    How about limitations on the new mpvi 2? Will it still only hold 400 or so licenses?
    I'm all in for the upgrade. Cant wait for Bluetooth phone logging. Awesome addition.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by Asylumwarp View Post
    How about limitations on the new mpvi 2? Will it still only hold 400 or so licenses?
    I'm all in for the upgrade. Cant wait for Bluetooth phone logging. Awesome addition.
    the limits are MUCH higher, we don't believe it will ever be an issue. Also the MPVI2 has 8Gb internal flash for datalogging and tune files in future.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Chris, I need one, when is it going to be available??

Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Chris, I need one, when is it going to be available??
    lol. HPT should consider moving their forum out of the grand canyon, lots of echos in here.

welcome to the club HNK.....just get in line.

The upgrade price alone is worth its weight in gold because we remote tuners will no longer have to create similar "donor" files where the data has to be copied over to the destination file or worse, pay to license the file on my end to produce a flashable tune.....

Second there is a more cost effective way to get potential tuners on board for a lower "buy-in" cost....the only negative is interfacing a wideband via analog which still needs the $249 PRO option as well as the HUB Expander which is yet to be priced.

Keith, have you guys thought about a "PRO LITE" option with only 2 analog ports for dual wideband operation without stand alone data logging, tune storage, expandable memory etc?

These are my favorites and reason to upgrade as soon as we can....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]